Bambi has Stasis :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi :)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

this morning I went to scatter feed the normal 2 tbsp of pellets and watched them eat and noticed that Bambi didn't eat, instead she went to the back and sat in a hunched position. I went over to give her a handful of hay, some water and some more pellets but she had nothing, the only thing i managed to get her to eat was a small nib of apple. She moved into the litter box and started digging at the hay but didn't eat any, then she ran to the back and started stretching (you know that adorable stretch buns do after waking up from a snooze? Yeah she did that) then she hunched back up and started pressing her stomach to the ground, I tried to give her a stomach massage but she really is never to keen on me touching her so she edged away and continued to press her stomach on the floor.

I can only take her to the vet later today as I have online school until 2:30, until then how can I keep her gut moving and make sure it doesn't get worse?

Thanks,
Abi

Just keep on trying to give her some water, and occasionally try to feed her some of her favorite treats. Try to encourage her to exercise to. And get her to the vet as soon as possible. It’s better to get medical help before things go too bad. I hope she will be ok!!

If she isn't better and you haven't already been to the vets, baby gas drops(simethicone) is the first thing I try when they have an upset stomach. If it hasn't been more than 12-24 hours since they last ate and they don't have diarrhea or bloat, I will try the 3 doses an hour apart, and if they aren't starting to get back to normal soon after that then I will get them to the vet. Dosing info is in this link.
https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/

Latest posts

Back