Balls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
The Dollar Store has some really nice cat balls. They're fairly big, very tough plastic, with a bell thingy inside. My Frenchies are having a blast with them, and they were only $1. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up if they were searching for a new toy for their bun. :)

I've always been hesitant to buy a ball with a bell in it as I have read about bunns breaking open the ball and choking on the bell. Obviously this is a rare thing, but I'm still shy about it, despite the fact that I think one of those plastic cat balls would be a great toy for Bandit. I really have to get out and find a good set of plastic keys at some point too, as I've heard they're great. Harder to find than you think sometimes.

My rabbits have quite a few cat and rabbit toys with bells in them. None of them are in their cage though since I don't let them play with noisy toys while I'm sleeping (their cage is in my bedroom)

The balls are VERY thick...and the bell isn't just in the ball, it's in another ball inside, which appears to be fairly thick plastic, too. So if by some chance they manage to actually break the ball there's still another plastic ball inside that has the bell...and that you can remove if they get to. These aren't little balls...they're pretty large. They're like softball size. lol

Here's a picture with me holding one...and I have HUGE hands. And another, trying to show the ball inside.

ball.jpg

ball2.jpg

My Frenchies are a hoot! They're forever throwing them around, pushing them, etc. One of them must think it gets too dirty, because every morning it's in her water crock. LOL Thankfully the buns are in the basement so they don't keep us up all night jingling them. But that's all you hear, all day long.

I might try to find one of those big ones. Here's a video of a young Monty with her standard-size one. Her teeth are too big now for her to get them into the holes to grab this ball, so all she does with it now is dig until it's under her, then she looks around trying to figure out where it went :p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTQZ6qonH4w[/ame]

*and don't worry, she doesn't eat the plastic tag connector. It's hard to see, but it's still on the floor toward the end of the video. She always snips tags off and I watch carefully to make sure she only eats the paper/cardboard :)

Awwwww...she's cute!! I have a few balls like that, that I picked up out of the $1 bin at WalMart. I was actually looking for more of those when I stumbled on this super-sized ones. These balls are big, especially considering they're being marketed as cat balls. The only thing a cat can do with them is bat them around. If a cat is big enough to fit one of these in their mouth, I don't want to meet up with said cat in a dark alley. lol

My rabbits LOVE these balls! The first time I saw them at the Dollar Store, I thought they were some kind of dog toy before I noticed the fish cutouts. They are huge! I just bought one or two to try out since they're nearly as big as my rabbits. LOL It turns out they are a favorite toy around here. I bought 6 more last week. :)

Same here! I couldn't believe how big they were for a cat. lol I'm going back tomorrow and buying all the ones they have left. Hopefully I can get enough they can all have the big ones.

The balls are VERY thick...and the bell isn't just in the ball, it's in another ball inside, which appears to be fairly thick plastic, too. So if by some chance they manage to actually break the ball there's still another plastic ball inside that has the bell...and that you can remove if they get to. These aren't little balls...they're pretty large. They're like softball size. lol

Thanks for that, if I do get one I'll have to make sure it has the extra ball inside, just in case. Seems that a lot of bunns like them, will have to try it out on Bandit soon.

Good suggestion. I might try getting some for my buns. Hegel just has a wicker football with a bell inside. He throws it around and enjoys chewing on it, so maybe I'll change it up and get him one of these cat toys.

Oh m'gosh, I just bought one of those cat-balls this weekend for Zombie.
He loves it! He loves cat toys, but the size of this toy is perfect for him..and yes, it ends up in the water bowl more often then anything else. He's a basket ball fan, I guess?

Latest posts

Back