Balding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahlyn

Reaction score
It’s never ending with these little guys! They’ve taken to eating Timothy hay and dandelion greens No Problem. I’m lessening the formula they get, however I don’t think I’m going fast enough. I have a 71g baby, 92 and 102. They’re still too small IMO but I need yours! They’re super messy eaters and I think the milk is hurting them! I’m only giving 6cc at the moment hoping they’ll make up the rest in greens. They gain daily, but only a gram or two. 2/3 have this balding “rash”. #3 is the least messy eater. The milk has to be doing this to them. Except for this photo, I feed them with a kleenex under their chin. Obviously not helping.

When should I release them? I understand around 120g is advised. Could releasing these guys a bit early perhaps save them???

Attachments

• F17EFE23-1A4C-4DB6-BC5E-5AC678747979.jpeg
    F17EFE23-1A4C-4DB6-BC5E-5AC678747979.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 1AD4A4FD-946F-4863-BA8A-6BD5C31807E4.jpeg
    1AD4A4FD-946F-4863-BA8A-6BD5C31807E4.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi, can you keep all your questions in same thread it would be easier to understand your issues. Also all breeding/raising babies topics are posted in Rabbitry forum you might have more professionals there

>>The Rabbitry and Show Room

Can you wipe their chins off after they are done, just to keep it dry? It's the fur staying wet that is causing it to fall out. Does the skin appear to be red and inflamed at all?

I don't think they are ready yet. Ideal would be for them to be eating a wide variety of natural forage prior to release so they will be accustomed to what they'll be eating in the wild.

As long as the skin doesn't show signs of irritation or get a greenish color on the fur, there shouldn't be a problem, and it will improve as you continue to transition them off of milk and onto forage.

Latest posts

Back