Bald spots near mouth and chin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering, reading Jenny's posts, maybe my rabbit is just hot and tries to get rid of heat by moisturizing his face? He makes no effort to remove an ear dipped in cool water bowl, that's why i've been wondering .

Incisors are the four teeth you can see I believe. So the two top and two bottoms.

Regardless of the reason for the moisture, it seems wise to find a way to reduce it. I think a vet exam to see the teeth is a great first step. While he's eating, which is great, this doesn't rule out that his molars may be getting somewhere uncomfortable. Drool comes from producing excess saliva to lubricate the molars so it feels more comfortable. Moist mouth area can be a welcome site for fungal infection growth.

I can't take him to the vet, school schedule gets in the way, bus traffic sucks, vet closes early, bun would die of shock when brought to school for the meantime(pretty sure that's prohibited in the first place) and my dad, the usual driver, thinks that his situation is only due to the rabbit sticking his chin into the water....
I'm lost on what to do.

It is difficult to get Musti to the vet when i have no right to drive a car and my dad won't take this issue seriously enough to go drive to take a look. The vet has no place to email problems to and when i were to call, the receptionist who is russian, could not understand me who i am estonian...

So since i can't go to the vet or do anything about it for that matter, i asked one of my friends, who has loads of experience keeping different pet rabbits up until recently, to see what her opinion on the situation is. She looked at the pictures and said that it was normal. I guess i'll just have to check Musti from time to time with the chin to make sure it won't suddenly go crazy bad haywire.

Latest posts

Back