Bald patch on moulting rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicki taylor

Reaction score
I’ve just been brushing my rabbit and noticed a bald patch ( completely bald) there is a scratch there too which I’ve just put antiseptic cream on) but other than that the skin looks healthy and not dry or flaky. The bald patch is about the size of a
5p coin. Is it part of mounting sometimes? I don’t know if the scratch is from her claws when she’s scratched or out other bunny ( there was a scuffle the other night) but she didn’t seem too bothered by that? I don’t want to stress her taking her to vets if it might be a normal thing?

If there is no flakiness and no redness— I wouldn't take her to the vets— I would just watch closely. But if you see any redness or flakiness later then do take her to the vets.

If she is molting then this is normal. Happens to my rabbit every time she sheds. The scratch could very well be from the scuffle. No need to worry or take to the vets unless you find the flakes and/or redness.

Thank you both- we’ve only had our buns since Oct and I’m on a massive learning curve ( had rabbits many years ago but forgotten everything) it must have appeared ( disappeared) so suddenly it shocked me. Deffo no redness and I will keep an eye on it and the scratch

Latest posts

Back