Bagged lettuce!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arloismybunny

Reaction score
Hi! I have a quick question. My bunny Arlo is 6 months old. I’ve had him for 4 months. I asked my mom to up lettuce for Arlo and came home with bagged lettuce. Is it ok to feed this to him??

Attachments

• E591446D-6020-4C52-A887-844708182665.jpeg
    E591446D-6020-4C52-A887-844708182665.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 9
It looks like it's just romaine lettuce with nothing added, so it should be fine if that's the case! If this is the first time Arlo has had romaine lettuce, start with only a couple pieces to give his stomach and self a chance to get used to it and then you can increase the amount on later days.

It looks like it's just romaine lettuce with nothing added, so it should be fine if that's the case! If this is the first time Arlo has had romaine lettuce, start with only a couple pieces to give his stomach and self a chance to get used to it and then you can increase the amount on later days.
It is his first time eating it yes, and I will definitely start small. But once he gets used to it how much should I give him daily?

I could be wrong but many companies use chlorine to make the vegetables look cleaner.

I've been feeding mine bagged organic salad mix for their whole lives. The bag claims its washed and ready to eat, and based on how quickly it goes bad, I can't imagine they're using any kind of preservatives. Not that it goes bad quickly, but about as quickly as you'd expect salad to go bad.

I could be wrong but many companies use chlorine to make the vegetables look cleaner.

Clorine is used to desinfect food, at least in the US, the reason why it isn't done over here is because the chlorine also reacts with the proteins of the food which is unpredictable and carcinogens or other harmfull byproducts can't be ruled out. Anyway, pre cut salad spoiles pretty fast, no matter which.

Latest posts

Back