BAD RABBIT FEED going around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
I'm copying this here as well as the infirmary in attempt to get to as many people as possible. I just recieved this from a dear friend.

2 rabbitries in MA and 1 in CT have reported rabbit deaths linked to bad feed.
Ventura, Manna Pro & Blue Seal feeds are being blamed.

I feed my herd Blue Seal show hutch delux and opened a fresh bag this week and all is fine thus far.

I called Blue Seal and they have sent a rep out to each rabbitry to collect samples of the feed in question.
The breeders had since thrown out the empty bags so they did not have info as to mill date or facility.

Ray from Blue Seal assured me that following the tests of the feed...he would be calling my cell phone as the blogs have been hit hard today by this and many breeders are calling and raising concerns and Blue Seal wants to remian cooperative and available.
Symptoms are bloated tummies, liquid poop and instant death within 24 hrs of feeding bad feed.

So sad.

One breeders claims to have lost 35 in 3 weeks and the other lost 11 and the other 5 and treating 5 today.

Hi Minda!

Elf looks as gorgeous as ever! I bet I wouldn't recognize your kids if I saw a picture of them now. I remember their Halloween pictures from years ago. They are beautiful children.

Tucker, Fauna, and Cali-Flower are wonderful *knock on wood*. Thanks for asking. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with them this weekend. Only about 20 more minutes before I leave for the weekend. Yee Haaa!!

I hope this finds you, Elf, and the family happy and healthy. Hope that you're not feeling the crush of the economy too badly.

Have a great weekend!

Warmest Wishes,

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Hi Minda!

Elf looks as gorgeous as ever!
Gorgeous, yes...but CHUNKY!!! Too much food and not enough exercise. I'm going to buy a bunch of NIC cubes this weekend to make a big enclosure for her to run around in the grass.
I bet I wouldn't recognize your kids if I saw a picture of them now. I remember their Halloween pictures from years ago. They are beautiful children.
I have a few photos of my son HERE. You're right, they're getting HUGE!
Tucker, Fauna, and Cali-Flower are wonderful *knock on wood*. Thanks for asking. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with them this weekend. Only about 20 more minutes before I leave for the weekend. Yee Haaa!!
I hope you have an absolutely FABULOUS bun-filled weekend! Relax and enjoy them!
I hope this finds you, Elf, and the family happy and healthy. Hope that you're not feeling the crush of the economy too badly.
We do stress over the job thing quite a bit. I know, as a teacher, I don't have as much to worry about, but hubby constantly worries that he'll lose his position in the data center. I hope that the economy isn't affecting you too much, either!
Have a great weekend!
You too!!! So good to hear from you!
Minda

Thanks for the heads' up on this, Carolyn. It's sure scary to think that we might be feeding bad feed to our animals...... it's always a worry with me - horses, sheep, goat, dogs, cats and of course the bunnies!

Anyhow, it's best that we all keep each other informed when there is a problem since sometimes we don't "hear" about things if there aren't enough cases to "force" public announcements.

Thanks for sharing this important information. I can't imagine what would happen if Oxbow was on the list. So many people use that brand- along with the bunny rescue I volunteer at! :(

Im glad NRM isnt on the list! i guess those r ones in the USA or something rather? (Ventura, Manna Pro & Blue Sea)

Thnx 4 letting us know!

Prsca :pinkbouce:

Latest posts

Back