Baby Tans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you elise :) She is very pretty

lol elizabeth they are lookin super gorgeous! I can't wait to take them to longview in june! I got some updated blue baby pics anddddd we have eye circles!!! They aren't perfect but they are much better than what I've had.

1C73C078-161B-4524-9F8A-1E56DD80BD04-10030-00000948B80AE5D9_zps3938c816.jpg

17138DDE-1A3C-4364-BF54-2F92998C2404-10030-00000948B12E258D_zps5dfd87d9.jpg

ADF0CB56-B774-4420-AF89-D14CB9492E7B-10030-00000948AA65B734_zpsd11e97cc.jpg

AE3D6B28-A441-450D-A172-D84070D16785-10030-000009489F8331E3_zps4dc36815.jpg

lol Kaley! Ill be sure to give them an extra squish just for you!

Heres another picture of the eye circles I am so excited!

C08D6E13-554F-49BE-AA5D-0D6B795B81AF-11359-00000A3C2DE9A407_zps2e3bc4cc.jpg

What happened to Gunner? What did the vet day? I'm so sorry that it happened he's such a sweet handsome boy

thank you elise :) They sure are adorable!

My mom went out to check on the buns and gunner was totally lateral. She filled his bowl and he didnt get up. She came and woke me up I went out and picked him up. He couldnt lift his head or get up. He just layed there. I told mom we need to get him looked at. This guy is supposed to be my major herd buck and I never got to breed him. He is pretty much my baby so I wanted to give him any chance I could. We took him into the bunny vet and they took x rays. He had some questionable fractures along his cervical vertebrae. Between his skull and atlas there was a gap that could have been made from trauma. And there were some lines in some vertebrae that he said growth plates normally occur but they shouldnt be apparent because he is 1 year old. So we arent really sure what happened. I am syringe feeding him critical care 4x a day (30ml) and along with water the sam amount. He is still pooping but no pee yet. His feet have become cold so I am keeping a heated towel over him. This is a very sad day because he is the sweetest rabbit I have next to rocky. Im not sure whats going to happen but I am praying for a miracle

awesome news! Gunner is dorsal!! He is sitting up and reacting to his surroundings! He was even grooming his front paws. He still cant fully control his back legs but this is huge! Im so proud of my little man

BECA484E-7F70-403E-976C-3EFE3E2A6EC5-134-000000040D9E6E62_zps0e5376ca.jpg

I hope so! He has a recheck at the vet Thursday I just hope he continues to get better. We had a towel filled with urine and some poo. They were sticking together so I went ahead and gave him some benebac. I'm going to try giving him hay In the morning and see what he thinks. I might also try some more nutridrops. Oh yea doc gave him some dex when we went in so that might be why he's feeling better. He didn't give too much because of his gut.

Ill be sleeping right next to him tonight on the couch so I can keep a close eye.

Last edited:
I'll definitely keep updating you guys. He did good this morning. Ate critical care quickly and his full syringe of water. No more pee yet but we still have poo. Not acting more like himself today but still reacting to things. When one of the dogs came in trough the dog door both ears went forward lol. He's still trying to groom himself even though he can just do his front paws. Will keep updating later

Holy crap Sarah! Thats terrible about Gunner. That sounds like serious trauma. He was outside right? Do you think someone tried to steal him or something and he kicked out and did major damage? Or if someone tried to pick him up his ears or the scruff of his neck? Not you guys of course, but like a stranger.
Or maybe I'm way off base, but the first thing that came to my mind was someone who was inexperienced with rabbits trying to steal him or something.

Either way, its really sad.
I hope he continues to heal! I would be a nervous wreck as I bet you are. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be better than today and he'll do well at his recheck.

He was outside. The bunny cages are right next to my window. In my room that is above my bed. I was up until 4am and I never heard anything. Plus if anyone was outside scrappy my dog would have barked. He is really good about that when he hears people outside our apartment. I still have no clue what happened but that is an idea

I have so much great news!! My little man is such a fighter!! His appointment is in 45 minutes but when I woke up this morning I found him sitting up on all fours!! I opened the top and his front paws even went on the edge so he could be curious. Words can not express how happy I am. He was inhaling the critical care this morning so I tried hay and he started grabbing it and eating it! Yesterday he would only just hold it in his mouth but today he was violently grabbing it. With that improvement I tried to offer pellets. He ate 5 of them! I didn't want to give him too much but he is hilarious when I tried to give him the rest of the critical care he totally gave me a fuss! I think he wants the pellets lol. Still no drinking water on his own so I'll have to try later cause syringing water is so messy lol. Oh also when he was sitting up he started leaning down grooming himself. He is still wobbly when moving and he still can't hop but balance is much better! Here's a picture of him :)

3E8271E9-4290-4BF0-A7C7-9D2AF61C231D-2745-00000259CAFC3CBA_zps9149bc7d.jpg

Awww! That is such good news! What a strong willed bunny! haha. Hopefully he'll continue to make improvements everyday and be back to new in no time!

So just an update on gunner he is back at my parents house. No longer receiving critical care or syringe feedings. He has some balance issues but not much and can run around like his old self although i tried not to let him get too crazy. Mom is observing his eating habits but he was eating and drinking out of a bowl by himself. Poo and pee was normal. Im so happy and maybe I might even be able to breed him. Ill ask doc when i call tomorrow

Latest posts

Back