Baby robins.........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I have a nest in my tree ofrobins....i went out this am to find them on the ground dead....thenest somehow cracked and they all fell out they where only a weekold...the weather here in Chicago has been rainy and windy.....I seethe mother going into the nest i guess looking for her babies:sad:Should i leave the nest or take it down now since the babies aregone Any advise would be great!!

I am sorry about the baby robbins.. I am surethe weather had something to do with it. About aweek ago.. I was walking back to the apartment after getting my sonTyler off the bus.. We see a baby bird.. It was actully quite big butyou could tell it was a baby.. It was crying up to thetree.. There was another one on the ground dead.. Icalled a friend and he picked the bird up, and got of hold of someonebut they couldnt get the bird till the next day. It turnedout to be a baby crow. It was so cute.. we feltgood we saved its life and got it in the right hands for someone totake care of it.

I really don't know if you should take the nest down or not.. I am sure somoene else might know.

Cristy

Thanks anyway.....yeah today after church ifound a dead bird with its head off...and feathers all over the groundi also found another dead bird (baby) so 4 total i dont know whathappened i feel sorry for the mom the nest cracked even if i found themalive there is really nothing i coulda done....

aw that is really sad. I think itwould be best to leave the nest where it is as the general rule forwild animals is not to intervene unless it is absolutelyessential. I am not an expert though that is just what Iwould think based on other experiences.

Latest posts

Back