Baby Rabbit Screaming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aylinox

Reaction score
I have five baby rabbits that are fourteen days old now, and while the mom was feeding them one of the babies started screaming so I took the mom away and checked all of them and they were all okay and moving fine. One baby opened their eyes for the first time at that moment too, so I’m not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

Just wanting some advice since I’m new to caring for baby rabbits and want to make sure I’m doing everything right.

Mom might have accidentally stepped on the kit, or it could just be one of those screamers, that screams if it's hungry or if you touch it, or it's brother butted in and stole mom's nipple away from it. There are some like that, and they usually outgrow it eventually.

It really freaked me out when I heard one of them scream because they never did that before, but thank you! I’ll try to prevent the mom from moving so much when feeding them so she doesn’t step on one of them.

Latest posts

Back