Baby Guinea Pig

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I know this is very off topic and not sure if you guys can even help me cause this is a rabbit forum and not a Guinea pig one but I have found your guys wisdom and answers very helpful on here from time to time and I was wondering if anyone has or had experience with Guinea Pigs on here, I just got a baby pig he's around 4 months old and I got him from a friend of a friend who got him from the petstore and realized she couldn't handle a piggy so I took him cause I've had pigs before anyway..I only got him on Sunday and he's very shy, he never really talks and he dose eat and drink but he mostly stays in his little house I made for him and when I take him out he hides either in my sweater or behind me so I'm wondering do you think he's Ill or just scared and needs some time??

Hey Blue Eyes I know your the only one who responded to this post so I'm just letting you know that I took my Basil (baby Guinea pig) to the vet on Saturday to get him/her checked out and he/she is perfectly fine the vet said he/she is a little underweight but other then that Basil baby is fine...I was worried Basil might have a URi but turns out it wasn't that he was just allergic to the hay I had so I changed it.

I'm glad he's healthy and the hay change helped! I agree with Blue Eyes, piggies do better with a friend (though with males, I believe it's recommended to neuter them so they don't get into hormonal fights).

Latest posts

Back