Baby Giant Flemish questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
So my Black Giant Flemish Doe became friendly with a New Jersey Wooly who is mainly Black with some White under his nose and all under his belly, her kits appear to be all Black. Only 3 out of the 9 lived. They are 11 days old today and are doing well. My questions are do you all think they will have more of the Giant Flemish traits as size and when should their eyes open, and what color is a Black Giant Flemish's belly suppose to be. (in a adult or baby) I guess I will have to wait until they get older to see if they will have wooly hair. Any words of wisdom or advise would be appreciated.

On average kits eyes open between 10-14 days old. A purebred black should be all black with no white. Does usually do a good job of raising their kits, with little intervention on your part. Once their eyes open they will be more active so make sure they stay contained, where you can watch them. You won’t know which ones will take after which parent until they get a little older.

On average kits eyes open between 10-14 days old. A purebred black should be all black with no white. Does usually do a good job of raising their kits, with little intervention on your part. Once their eyes open they will be more active so make sure they stay contained, where you can watch them. You won’t know which ones will take after which parent until they get a little older.
One opened it's eyes on Saturday. They are so adorable. There is one very large one, a medium one and a small one. All 3 are doing well, and so is the Mom. Thank you for the information.

One of the kits still is black in color but has little flex of color in it's fur. Kind of a red flex and a gold like color flex, . It is adorable. It is the biggest one and the one I will probably keep for myself. The other two so far are a very shiny black . Does anyone know is the one with flex colors in it will stay that way ? I kind of hope so. I am so in love with them I may keep all 3 kits. When should I be able to tell females from male?

Latest posts

Back