Baby eats M&M

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sha10ly88

Reaction score
I was sitting at the dining area eating M&M ( its the one that has a nut inside and wrapped with chocolate). and Baby was on the table as I have place him there. I guess he was watching me eating and he decided to approach the packet of M&M.The different colours kinda attracted him... :p

So ... slowly he stretch his body and crush the M&M chocolate (well there was one that actually rolled out of the packet). Then ... bravo! He discovered the peanut inside and started munching. It was really cute! Here is a picture of Baby sipping my tea. :p It was my leftovers.... tea with creamer. ;)

Tsk... tsk .... I think its a good Lipton Tea advertisement ...

PICT2855.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

Baby is really cute. :)

I'm sorry but I do have to say that chocolate is highly poisonous to rabbits (but I'm not sure in what amounts, so you may want to post in the Infirmary and ask). Also, they should never have anything remotely dairy, so Creamer is a big no no if it is in anyway dairyish, and tea should only be give in a very diluted manner in a few different circumstances (and I'm not sure if all teas are safe for buns). Please don't feel I'm picking on you or anything, I just thought you might like to know :)

Well ... thnx for telling. But dont worry about the chocolate part. He doesnt eat the chocolate. He only crush it and ate the nut inside. Anyway ... I will definitely be careful next time though it was long time ago that he ate it. N nothing weird happen after that.

As for the tea ... mmm I didn't make it a routine thing. I mean ... that(in the picture, thats y i took a picture of it) was the only time he tasted tea. But since you tell me that tea could not be safe so ... no more tasting for him. Better be safe then sorry.

Thnx sooo much!

Nuts are bad for rabbits too...I really wouldn't give him any human food like candy or any thing. ;) The only human food my rabbits get are some crackers (so rarely), cheerios, and greens of course :p

Emily

Actually, it was the creamer that Flashy was worried about, all rabbits are lactose intolerant. :)I have no idea what the tea would do for him, LOL. Cute bunny, welcome to RO!

Actually I believe Pam said that they aren't lactose intlorent. I can't recall her exact words.

Found her post.

pamnock wrote:
Rabbits aren't actually lactose intolerant (they drink bunny milk and eat yogurt just fine!)

However, like humans, some individual rabbitsmay lose their ability to digest milk enzymes well as they get older because the gut bacteria has altered.

Don't feed rabbits candy, sugar, chocolate or a lot of nuts.

Pam

Latest posts

Back