Baby cottontail, eyes not open yet.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missbond1230

Reaction score
hello everyone. I am new to this forum and new to bunnies. My family and I went Apple picking the other day. We saw a small crowd surrounding something on the ground. It was a baby bunny and it was yelling like it was hurt. I think I heard one of the little kids say that he didn’t mean to step on it. My oldest son picked it up. It looked dead but it was still breathing. We searched and could jot find any nest so we brought it home. This rabbit is tiny but has a full set of fur but the eyes are not open yet. It drinks a few drops of water a day and I am trying to feed it kitten milk replacer. It actually took some. I have a cage and a friend, who has a chinchilla, gave me bedding and Timothy hay and a bunch of other stuff. It poops on its own but I have to stimulate it to get it to pee. Do you think the eyes will open? My husband and I are scared that it might have damage to it’s head. I don’t believe it has broken bones because I have checked by slightly tugging on the legs and it doesn’t make any sounds or wince. It also gets these bursts of energy where it will move its legs like it’s trying to hop, only it can’t because it seems like it can’t hold its head up so it just stays on it’s side. I’m worried. I’m trying my best but there is no rescues or vets that take in wild bunnies in my area

Latest posts

Back