Baby bunny update!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siskellery

Reaction score
I posted about this same baby bunny about a week ago. He is a mini Rex and was the runt of the litter. At 3 days old he almost died because of how badly dehydrated he was And he also had neon green poo. I decided to bottle feed him because him, because he would not try to eat on his own. I have been feeding him since day 3 and he is currently 18 days old. He has been gaining about 4 grams a day. He is very active and loves to eat! I have tried to put him back with his mom but he gets cold or doesn't get a chance to eat because his siblings push him away. I am feeding him a mix of goats milk and goats milk powder. The total fat and protein content is 8%. When I changed his formula the color of his poo is a white? Am Idea why? The picture below is him beside on of his litter mates. How can I increase the calories, fat and protein? Has any had this problem? So you think he will live?image.jpg

I posted about this same baby bunny about a week ago. He is a mini Rex and was the runt of the litter. At 3 days old he almost died because of how badly dehydrated he was And he also had neon green poo. I decided to bottle feed him because him, because he would not try to eat on his own. I have been feeding him since day 3 and he is currently 18 days old. He has been gaining about 4 grams a day. He is very active and loves to eat! I have tried to put him back with his mom but he gets cold or doesn't get a chance to eat because his siblings push him away. I am feeding him a mix of goats milk and goats milk powder. The total fat and protein content is 8%. When I changed his formula the color of his poo is a white? Am Idea why? The picture below is him beside on of his litter mates. How can I increase the calories, fat and protein? Has any had this problem? So you think he will live?View attachment 49553
It is natural that he gets pushed out by stronger siblings, but it is easy to fix. You can remove strong ones from the nest for every other feeding so he will get his portion of milk. You can also hold his mother over him gently so he can get milk, you need to do it before she nurses other kits to make sure she has milk. Or you can hold her on your lap making sure her hind legs are fixed and you can also place a towel on her chest and head (but make sure she can breath), then you bring him to her belly and he will nurse.

Otherwise I think his chances are very slim. What you are feeding him is clearly not enough

Have you tried giving him some of mom’s cecotropes? They need a good balance of bacteria in their gut to thrive. It may be that there is something wrong with him and he may not make it.

Yes he is eating the cecotrpes! How do you recommend adding more calories and fat to his diet to help him gain weight?

I am going to try to feed him with his mom before the archer babies steal all of her milk! Then I will just supplement him with the goats milk and goats milk powder!

Good idea! Also great if he survives! He's really tiny though.

Hmmm. I can't help with that as i have zero experience with kit-raising and breeding in general.

Honestly, I find your threads so disturbing.
Over the past week you've posted 5 threads with same questions and people were trying to help but you didn't like the answers so didn't follow. If you'd start feeding him with mother milk a week ago he'd be much stronger and would look better now. This is really cruel thing what you doing to him, experimenting and posting on pet rabbit forum. In your latest photo are two rabbits from same litter, almost 3 week old, he's 4 times smaller than his brother or sister, and you say you saved him when he was 3 days old. I wish poor baby died then at least it wouldn't suffer until now.
Shame on you.

Over the past week you've posted 5 threads with same questions and people were trying to help but you didn't like the answers so didn't follow. If you'd start feeding him with mother milk a week ago he'd be much stronger and would look better now. This is really cruel thing what you doing to him, experimenting and posting on pet rabbit forum. In your latest photo are two rabbits from same litter, almost 3 week old, he's 4 times smaller than his brother or sister, and you say you saved him when he was 3 days old. I wish poor baby died then at least it wouldn't suffer until now.
Shame on you.
That's a brutally blunt way to put it...
I agree with the message itself though! If the runt in your care has grown so little over the three weeks then honestly there's not much hope left for him. I initially mistook his sibling for his small mum! Advive is shared here to be followed and if you don't want to follow it then there's nothing else we can do. Perhaps the runt would've somehow survived without your help.

That's a brutally blunt way to put it...
I agree with the message itself though! If the runt in your care has grown so little over the three weeks then honestly there's not much hope left for him. I initially mistook his sibling for his small mum! Advive is shared here to be followed and if you don't want to follow it then there's nothing else we can do. Perhaps the runt would've somehow survived without your help.
Maybe you're right but the OP still don't get the message and keeps starting new threads, now there's 6th thread just created with the same question.

As for brutality I think brutal is what is going on with that poor baby, unfortunately sacrificed to someone's curiosity

ro-.jpg

Last edited:
I Know that the baby would have died without my help, I have tried my best to help him, I have called a vet, I Am making sure that he get some of his moms milk and I’m doing the best I can. I do not appreciate the rude comments and you trying to make me feel bad about what I am doing. I have done everything that I have been recommend to do by people on this website and by a vet. I just wanted to know if there was an additional things I should do.

Shame on you.
I found all of your comments really rude when I was just trying to get advice, that I soon followed.

I found all of your comments really rude when I was just trying to get advice, that I soon followed.
Here's my comments on your threads, was trying to help you before I realized that you keep asking same question and promising that you will call a vet and you will try feeding him with his mother's milk, but you never did that because you think that you will get formula and you will keep bottle-feeding him. Now you call me rude because I was honest with you. You need to think and understand that you are doing wrong, we are talking about life of a little creature, and you are not saving him, you are killing him, look at him, he is hungry, dehydrated, his fur is looking horrible, he is 1/4 size of his brother, with your attitude he has no chance. You shouldn't remove him from his mother and siblings, you shouldn't take him with you on your trip, this is not saving him.

Where is his mother, does she still nurse other kits?
All breeding questions best to ask in >> The Rabbitry and Show Room you can get more attention from people with breeding experience

Creamy poo is no good you need to get the baby to the vets. How long you bottle-feed it? When his poo changed to creamy

You need to contact your vet. We are not vets, also we can't examine him if you follow every advice here you can make things worse. You need to get him to a vet so he can be diagnosed properly.

It is natural that he gets pushed out by stronger siblings, but it is easy to fix. You can remove strong ones from the nest for every other feeding so he will get his portion of milk. You can also hold his mother over him gently so he can get milk, you need to do it before she nurses other kits

It is natural that he gets pushed out by stronger siblings, but it is easy to fix. You can remove strong ones from the nest for every other feeding so he will get his portion of milk. You can also hold his mother over him gently so he can get milk, you need to do it before she nurses other kits to make sure she has milk. Or you can hold her on your lap making sure her hind legs are fixed and you can also place a towel on her chest and head (but make sure she can breath), then you bring him to her belly and he will nurse. Otherwise I think his chances are very slim. What you are feeding him is clearly not enough
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to apologize in advance for what I am about to say. To be honest, sometimes being harsh is the only way it will get into someone's head. I personally try not to resort to that unless absolutely necessary, but this is a baby's life we're talking about. It may not be a human baby, but it's still a living being, and it's in pain and it's dying. If that was a human baby, people would be doing everything they could to try to save it's life. If it was a human baby, then they would be taking all the advice they were given, not ignoring advice from people who clearly have more expertise in this situation than you do. I'm ashamed that you think what you're doing is the right thing to do, sometimes you need to stop being a stubborn little child and deal with it the adult way and actually take people's advice, maybe then the poor kit would actually have a chance of survival. Instead you are killing it. Killing it. Imagine if you were the smallest one in your family. Imagine if you were the kit. Think about what kind of situation the kit is in, and put yourself in their body. That's called empathy. You seem like you need to learn that right now. If you actually cared you would know what you are doing is harming them. I don't think you realize how much this forum has been through in the past year. First, we had to deal with a person with similar problems as yours, who repeatedly kept lying to our faces, and creating fake accounts and drama. Second, we've had to deal with other people who have ignored our advice, not just you, but other people. If you actually cared, you would make it seem like it. Making all these excuses isn't going to cut it. You need to step it up and hold yourself accountable for your actions. You don't seem to realize this would never have happened if you had stopped being a selfish brat and actually took the time to listen. If you actually cared, you would try your best to help this kit. It doesn't matter if you don't have direct vet access, just do SOMETHING to help. Like, oh, I don't know, taking our advice. Now it honestly just seems that you are trying to spam the forum and create drama for no reason, which we have dealt with enough this past year. I hope you learn to listen and understand. I know I'm being harsh and rude and petty, but seriously, but I'm not stubborn, and that seems to be the only way we can get your attention.

I’m so sorry if anyone feels like I’m a bratty and stubborn child trying to cause drama as I was just explained. I have followed everyone’s advice, I called a vet, I tried to give him back to his mom but she refused to take care of him, I am feeding him what has been recommended, and I am doing what I have been told to do. I am not ignoring anyone’s advise. I don’t think anyone should tell me how much I care about this rabbit. I have spent most of my time trying to help this little guy, asking questions, calling vets, finding the right formula and doing all I can. And I have no idea why you said I don’t care about him. I love this rabbit and I will be so sad if he doesn’t make it. That is why I’m trying so hard. I don’t know how to delete my account on here so I can stop getting the negative comments. So please please don’t answer to this if you have another name to call me or another Rude assumption about me. I’m simply trying my best, and listening to what I’m being told and again I have done all of it. I am not trying to spam this forum. I made 3 forums in in the beginning because I was so worried about the baby. I was really upset When I was reading the last post above this, because every comment I have made was about how to help him. I have never been selfish, I am doing everything I can. If you have any good suggestions for how else I can help him please please let me know, I just don’t want all the rude comments and name calling.

I’m so sorry if anyone feels like I’m a bratty and stubborn child trying to cause drama as I was just explained. I have followed everyone’s advice, I called a vet, I tried to give him back to his mom but she refused to take care of him, I am feeding him what has been recommended, and I am doing what I have been told to do. I am not ignoring anyone’s advise. I don’t think anyone should tell me how much I care about this rabbit. I have spent most of my time trying to help this little guy, asking questions, calling vets, finding the right formula and doing all I can. And I have no idea why you said I don’t care about him. I love this rabbit and I will be so sad if he doesn’t make it. That is why I’m trying so hard. I don’t know how to delete my account on here so I can stop getting the negative comments. So please please don’t answer to this if you have another name to call me or another Rude assumption about me. I’m simply trying my best, and listening to what I’m being told and again I have done all of it. I am not trying to spam this forum. I made 3 forums in in the beginning because I was so worried about the baby. I was really upset When I was reading the last post above this, because every comment I have made was about how to help him. I have never been selfish, I am doing everything I can. If you have any good suggestions for how else I can help him please please let me know, I just don’t want all the rude comments and name calling.
Sorry, I'm just really angry, I keep getting reminded of Jasminebunny on this forum everywhere. I'm also on my cycle, so I get really angry because of that, and don't realize what I've done until I can't undo it. Sorry, I know I'm making you feel like crap.

Thank you for your apology. Some people just don’t really understand how much I really care about him. If you have any suggestions on Anything else I should do please let me know how I can make this situation better

Sorry, I'm just really angry, I keep getting reminded of Jasminebunny on this forum everywhere. I'm also on my cycle, so I get really angry because of that, and don't realize what I've done until I can't undo it. Sorry, I know I'm making you feel like crap.

Latest posts

Back