Baby bunny update!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, I'm just really angry, I keep getting reminded of Jasminebunny on this forum everywhere. I'm also on my cycle, so I get really angry because of that, and don't realize what I've done until I can't undo it. Sorry, I know I'm making you feel like crap.

just for a little update! The bunny is doing amazing! She is strong and health! She is an indoor bunny and spends much of her Time playing with her toys and binking around her room!

just for a little update! The bunny is doing amazing! She is strong and health! She is an indoor bunny and spends much of her Time playing with her toys and binking around her room!
Good idea! Also great if he survives! He's really tiny though.
the bunny is doing great and a has gained a ton of weight. And it also turns out it’s a girl!

Maybe you're right but the OP still don't get the message and keeps starting new threads, now there's 6th thread just created with the same question.

As for brutality I think brutal is what is going on with that poor baby, unfortunately sacrificed to someone's curiosity

View attachment 49596
I thought you might want know! The baby bunny is doing great and it also turned out to be a girl! Never doubt a strong willed bunny and owner!!

I am very happy to hear the runt is thriving! For future reference, I CANNOT stress enough how important it is to let the mom raise her baby bunnies. There are obviously exceptions, but if you feel a doe is rejecting her kit, at least help it nurse off her 2 times per day. A kit NEEDS it's mother's milk in order to grow / develop properly. KMR should only be used in a pinch (such as if the mother dies), but it lacks essential rabbit nutrients and vitamins.

To help a kit gain weight, at 3 - 4+ weeks old, give them a teaspoon or so of oats and calf manna daily to provide additional fats and calories. Keep an eye on what goes in (and out) of their body. Critical care can be fed to older kits to keep them alive. Syringe feeding water can help keep them from becoming dehydrated. If possible, leave them in with their mom a few weeks longer than the other kits are weaned to build strength and reduce stress. But remember... no matter how hard it seems, it is always best to let nature take it's course. Maybe the doe was rejecting this kit because she knew it had a slim chance of survival. There is sometimes an underlying health issue that may make the rabbit suffer. It seems like you got lucky, though! Thank you for the update ♥

Thanks for the information i will have this handy if it happens agian!

Latest posts

Back