Baby Bunny Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaby Gomez

Reaction score
A few people asked about my girl Thelma and her two kits! Here are some images of them. She has to beautiful babies, both born healthy and are growing so quickly! I have been doing my own research, but if anyone has any tips, advice, or experience with kits, let me know!
They will be two weeks old on December 26th. IMG_0792.JPGIMG_1625.JPGIMG_9140.JPGIMG_9475.JPGIMG_2206.JPGIMG_2781.JPGIMG_7291.JPGIMG_8023.JPGIMG_2499.jpg

Love those babies! Enjoy the experience, it goes by quickly, but baby buns are so fun to raise. My advise would be to not rush pellet introduction as baby buns can be sensitive to the sugars and carbs in them, which can sometimes lead to severe digestive problems if too much is consumed too soon. Make sure to provide plenty(unlimited, refreshed each day) of good quality grass hay with leafy bits that are easier for the babies to eat, and that you know is not spoiled.

For my babies I kept mom's pellets high up so the babies couldn't reach more than the occasional pellet that got dropped by mom, then about 4 weeks old I was very gradually letting them eat a bit more pellets and watching closely for mushy poop stuck to their bums(check their bums at least a couple times a day), and gradually increasing the amount of pellets over the next few weeks til you are close to feeding unlimited pellets, provided no mushy poop develops. I had to restrict the amount of pellets my babies had, as one was sensitive to getting too much.The transition to pellets can be problematic for some babies digestive systems, so I like them to be a little older so they have a better chance of adapting to the change better.

Also don't feed any sugary/starchy treats), and only feed veggies if they have been used to eating them with their mom since being out of the nest, and the veggies haven't caused any digestive upset. Also make sure they can easily access the water and drink alright(especially if using a hanging bottle). Good water consumption is important to good digestive function.

Hey Jennifer! Haven't seen you here in ages. Glad to see you back!

Welcome back!

Latest posts

Back