Baby bunny pooping! Please give advice!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven123

Reaction score
I got a new bunny about two and a half weeks ago and she’s about 2 and a half months old now. I got her for my other bunny, Hermione. As you probably know you can’t spay a two and a half month old rabbit and i still have to wait a while for that so the bonding is going pretty well I just need help with the litter training part of it all. With my other rabbit she had no problem at all on using the litter box. But with this new bunny she’s still figuring it out and she’s not old enough to get spayed. I’ve been keeping her in a playpen so she will be confined to a space and she won’t poop everywhere but I’m worried that will interrupt their bond since it’s ok to keep the two together now. When you get a new rabbit and it’s a little younger and still is litter training do you keep the older rabbit in there with her during the time? And do you have any tips on getting her more used to using the litter box?

I wouldn't generally put a baby unspayed rabbit with an adult rabbit. The bond being formed generally won't be permanent and you will have to rebond following the spay. It can also be dangerous if the adult rabbit displays negative behavior, as they could hurt the baby.

I'd recommend keeping them separate until several weeks after the spay. Litterbox training is also generally most effective after the spay also, although she's still just a baby and learning. I wouldn't worry too much about her litter training right now, just put all accidents in the litterbox and she'll figure it out. Hay in the litterbox tends to be very helpful for encouraging box usage. Good luck and I hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back