Baby bunny pink around rim of eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bella's mom

Reaction score
Hey my fellow bunny friends. I hope you are all well. My family and I welcomed our first baby bunny, Bella. Bella is an 11 week old Holland Lop and WE adore her. We noticed the rim around her eyes (where the fur is) is a little pink. Her eyes are not goopy, her nose is dry. We have been cleaning her cage almost every day and she is litter trained. (We change her littler once-twice a day). She eats Alfalfa hay and Alfalfa Oxbow pellets for bunnies. She's doing her binky behaviours and running around. Eating, drinking, pooping, peeing. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or burrowing (Knock on wood). I'm not sure if this is an irritation. We are taking her to the vet on Wednesday for her first checkup. Have you guys experienced this with your buns? Thanks guys!!

She could have just gotten a bit of debris in it. I will usually try flushing out with sterile saline eye drops(natural tears). If it persists the next day and/or there is white discharge or cloudiness to the eye, then the cornea could have gotten scratched and infected(if there's white discharge/cloudiness) or could have conjunctivitis, in which case you'll want to bring it up with the rabbit vet you will be seeing and will likely be given antibiotic eye drops to apply for a week or so.

She could have just gotten a bit of debris in it. I will usually try flushing out with sterile saline eye drops(natural tears). If it persists the next day and/or there is white discharge or cloudiness to the eye, then the cornea could have gotten scratched and infected(if there's white discharge/cloudiness) or could have conjunctivitis, in which case you'll want to bring it up with the rabbit vet you will be seeing and will likely be given antibiotic eye drops to apply for a week or so.

Thanks so much JBun. Much appreciated. Bella has her appointment tomorrow at 4:20 and I will definitely bring it up with her vet. I removed the dusty Alfalfa hay and I've been cleaning her cage and changing her litter twice a day. She seems quite content. Thanks so much and I will continue to keep my eyes on Bella. Much appreciated. I think she may have gotten some debris. Her eyes are a little dry where her fur is but overall she's good. No goop or stickiness (knock on wood). I will keep you posted :)

Latest posts

Back