Baby bunny licking himself

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kay

Reaction score
So I have a baby bunny about a week old. They just opened their eyes yesterday. After I feed him I been trying to get him to pee but I can’t get him to pee no matter how much I stimulate him. But I did notice in the box where he sleeps there is tiny poops. And one day when I was feeding him he started to lick his paws them he made his way down to lick his butt. Is he making himself go pee now? Is he peeing on his own? Because I can’t get him to pee I got him to pee a couple times but after that I noticed he was cleaning himself but never seen him pee yet

Are the babies being hand fed and are they permanently kept separate from the mom? Does the baby appear to have a bloated belly(not just a full belly after being fed)?

Are the babies being hand fed and are they permanently kept separate from the mom? Does the baby appear to have a bloated belly(not just a full belly after being fed)?
My cousins cat brought back a baby bunny so I'm taking care of it. It just opened its eyes yesterday. And no its belly doesn't seem bloated. I made it pee twice when I got him one each day but then his eyes opened yesterday. And for a couple days now I noticed there's tiny little poops in his bedding

He could be managing to pee on his own at this stage. Keep trying to stimulate urination, but if nothing happens, as long as he's still eating and the belly doesn't appear to be bloated, I wouldn't worry about it.

He could be managing to pee on his own at this stage. Keep trying to stimulate urination, but if nothing happens, as long as he's still eating and the belly doesn't appear to be bloated, I wouldn't worry about it.
Okay thank you!! I'll keep my eye out :)

Latest posts

Back