Baby bunny jumped into filled water bowl???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasperbun

Reaction score
Hi, this is a bit urgent.

So, my family just got some young bunnies and one of them jumped into a full water bowl. I tried to towel dry it but it kept hopping away and eventually went back into its carrier. It's still a bit damp and it only got wet on its belly and legs. I'm freaking out because I know that bunnies aren't supposed to get wet because it's really bad for their health. My parents keep telling me not to worry, that it'll dry out soon enough. I read that rabbit fur takes a long time to dry. What do I do??? Will it be okay since it wasn't completely wet or should i do something here????

If you're in a part of the world where it's summer and about 27° like it is where I live, I don't think you need to worry. Getting a bunny wet is a problem if he is weak or if it's cold. Outside from that, it's probably fine. I had to bath Tybalt's hindquarter 3 times in the past year and could never dry him well because I was scared he would have a heart attack from the drier and that he's got a very big coat. He was perfectly fine each time.

Latest posts

Back