Baby bunny is mean to the others?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babybunnies_x

Reaction score
My male and female recently had a litter of six. I started weaning a few weeks back and since then 3 had been given to good homes.
Currently I have two in the "weaned cage" and a third still with the mom. She has been with the mom for weeks too long, because whenever I tried to wean her she would bite and chase the others (all of them, as whenit was her turn to wean we still hadthem all,)around the cage, knocking over everything, panicking the other babies and shaking the cage. I tried this two days in a row, then gave her more time alone with the mum, then tried again, but nothing has changed.
I can't just leave her with the mum can I? I don't want to let any harm come to the others (not to mention it's loud and annoying for us as well.)

I would say seperate her from the others in her own cage, and if possible put her cage next to the moms cage... she may be "emotionally" underdeveloped and will settle in faster if she is near mom (even if not in the same cage with her).

I don't have an extra cage, or the money to buy one right now. ):
So this is a huge problem for me. I'm wondering how bad it is to leave her with the mum, I have no other choice.

I don't want to say DEFINATELY, but i've noticed patterns of behaviour in males and females when they're grown up, and noticed that certain babies exhibited only one set of the noticed behaviour. So I am guessing due to their behaviour.

Latest posts

Back