Baby bunny hurt its leg

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akiosecret

Reaction score
One of my baby bunnies got its leg caught in a wired floor. It was screaming, and when I went out to look it was twisting and circling around and it seemed like it was in a lot of pain. I brought the babies in, and the leg doesn't flop like its broken but the bunny also doesn't put any pressure on it and its limp. It hops around a little bit on its one leg.
It was screaming quite a bit, but could it have been mostly out of fear? How would I know if its in pain?

Some extra information:
The hutch they were in had half of a wire bottom. They were moving around in it fine until now, and I didn't even consider they could get stuck in it.
They babies are 16 days old
We don't have access to a vet
The babies were just fed an hour ago, so keeping them inside overnight shouldn't be an issue.

What should I keep in mind going forward? What will I need to do to take care of it?

Ok so I totally panic posted. I think the baby was just scared because its walking around on both its feet now. Its been laying down in the nest so I think it still hurts a bit, but we should be okay

Just make sure it's nursing/eating normally, as a rabbit not eating much or at all, is an indication it's in pain. In which case you would need to intervene to make sure it continues eating enough, and possibly have it checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/veterinarians/

Latest posts

Back