Baby bunny humping siblings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunzy

Reaction score
Hello I just started my holland lop rabbi try and have three 9 week old babies 2 females 1 male, one of the females humps the other siblings, they have been weaned for two weeks now what should I do?

To prevent pregnancy, you should separate the siblings from each other -- they are old enough to be separated from the mother and each other at this point.

Baby bonds (or false bonds) describe the relationship young rabbits have with each other that often start very amicably, due to the absence of hormonal urges. Once a rabbit begins experiencing it though, the baby bond will dissolve and you'll see behaviors like humping, fighting, etc.. -- for the safety of all rabbits and to prevent pregnancy, separation is recommended until all are spayed/neutered and you're able to bond them appropriately: Bonding Bunnies

Hello I just started my holland lop rabbi try and have three 9 week old babies 2 females 1 male, one of the females humps the other siblings, they have been weaned for two weeks now what should I do?

As long as it doesn't make the humped does fight back, nothing. That, for now, is normal social interaction, humping is a way to settle hierachy without a fight. Does do hump to assert dominance. Will be normal to some extent among does later on too.
You'll need to seperate the males (check sex several times, get a second opinion if possible) at 8-14 weeks (depending on breed size, I seperate my 9-10lbs rabbits at 12-13 weeks, small breeds are better seperated at 8-10 weeks).

Latest posts

Back