Baby bunny butts looks awful!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadoh89

Reaction score
Okay so I have a rabbit colony. Our latest litter has been a disaster from the start! This mom hasn't been the best unfortunately. Now I noticed two babies this morning not being very active and today I was checking the sex. I was disgusted and hurt by what I found, dry caked on poop and what looks to be impacted anus on the 2. Puss from 1 along with missing fur. Now I haven't been handling these babies as much as past litters since this mom is aggressive and turns a bit neglective when I get involved. I'll attach photos because I'm not good at describing but I cleaned them up with wipes but not sure what else to do.

Attachments

• 20210903_123247.jpg
    20210903_123247.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210903_122059.jpg
    20210903_122059.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 9
I would give them a butt bath, plain water for now, no soap. I just put the rear feet in a flat tub with about 1" of lukewarm water, front and belly resting on a pillow the same hight as the rim of the tub. You'll need to carefully rub them dry and keep them on dry towels for some time, their fur dries really bad.

Then have a close look if some ointment or other treatment is necessary.

Latest posts

Back