Baby Bunny 2 1/2 weeks wry neck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CartecayFarm

Reaction score
I am new to the site and am grateful for any help given. I have a 2 1/2 week old bunny with wry neck that just started this morning. Yes, I breed Holland Lops and was shocked to find the baby with wry neck. I've read here to give it Panacur but how much. I have Combi-Pen-48 and wondered if a shot of this would help but again how much?
Your advice is appreciated. Gratefully yours, Leslie

Well, I think that site gives some info:

http://www.wikihow.com/Diagnose-Wry-Neck-in-Rabbits

From a breeders point of view, it would be a sure cull, since as a breeder I do not sell rabbits that are prone to get sick, or just kept looking healthy with medication, and I would cull right away if there is the chance that it is something contagious. Also, if it's contagious and the rabbit is from the own herd, there's a real problem.

If it's a pet, well, see a vet asap.

Panacur... just a single drop at that age. EVERY DAY for a couple of weeks.. but you have to disclose to illness to any potential new owner as it may need continued treatment.

You need to treat the doe as it is most likely cunniculi and it will have gotten it from the doe.

Either pet out the doe (or ensure she's NOT ever in a breeding program) or treat her before breeding, and while raising her kits. Keep her nestbox scruplously clean.

I have a 2 1/2 week old Holland Lop as well with same issues. He has head tilt and convulsions. But I went to the vet and they thought it was something to do with his skull like he has had it since birth but it is just now showing since his brain is growing. But he has all same signs as your bunny and it showed up out of nowhere. I have bred this doe many times and have had no issues like this before also it is only one out of four kits that have it. So did Panacur work?

Latest posts

Back