Baby bun nose bitten by an older bunny and bleeding. Will it recover/grow back?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookiesncream

Reaction score
I got a baby bun 2 days ago and due to a minor oversight, while introducing him tk my room let him roam too close to an older bun's (around 3 months old) play pen, he got attacked and I assume got a bit of his nose ripped. I took him and didn't really check if there's an injury and put him in his proper cage

He didn't bleed immediately, I noticed it was around 2-3 hours after the incident and it started to show. I've applied antiseptic and he seems to be doing well (kinda oblivious even). He's eating a lot, drink and sleep, and binky sometimes when I let him play on my bed

I'm just worried it might not recover fully. Will the part of his nose grow back? Here he is below pre-bitten and post bitten

Before:
View attachment 58134

After:

Screenshot_2021-11-01-12-50-04-848_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpgScreenshot_2021-11-01-12-50-20-133_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Bonus photo of possible culprit:

Screenshot_2021-11-01-12-54-23-471_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

It will grow back but sometimes it can grow back with white scarring. The nose is a very common place for a curious rabbit to get bitten and compared to some of the bites on the nose that Ive seen that one is not very severe

It will grow back but sometimes it can grow back with white scarring. The nose is a very common place for a curious rabbit to get bitten and compared to some of the bites on the nose that Ive seen that one is not very severe

Will the meat/cartilage part also grow back or just the hair?

I noticed there's a little bit of it got ripped off, leaving a milimeter or so part gone

Sooo cuteee!

I believe that if there is a chunk bitten off, then there is a chance that there will be a slight dent on his nose when it heals. However, if it's similar to a small bite (like a clean cut), like sablesteel said, the fur and the wound will heal normally, only leaving a scar in that area.

I've had this happen before, my sisters bunny healed up really well. There is still some scarring but otherwise he is happy and healthy. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't become an abscess or infected.

I've had this happen before, my sisters bunny healed up really well. There is still some scarring but otherwise he is happy and healthy. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't become an abscess or infected.
Thank goodness...
Was it a clean cut, or some meat got ripped off? Jayjay seem to have a bit of his meat pulled out by the rascal. I'm applying betadine twice a day just in case and it's dried and looking well, it's just that there's a little dent as you can see here:

16359331847797698008468741302130.jpg16359332388118465966965408028470.jpg

Thank goodness...
Was it a clean cut, or some meat got ripped off? Jayjay seem to have a bit of his meat pulled out by the rascal. I'm applying betadine twice a day just in case and it's dried and looking well, it's just that there's a little dent as you can see here:

View attachment 58194View attachment 58195
Yeah he lost a little meat too. It looks like it is healing great. You're doing a great job keeping it clean. I bet he'll be fine really soon :)

Latest posts

Back