Baby bun breathing rapidly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my baby bun is about 10 weeks old, and suddenly when I woke up and took him out of his cage his head was bobbing back and forth rapid breath. It’s not too hot in my place and idk if he’s hurt or stressed

Last edited by a moderator:
the vet is booked till like 3 weeks out, I had already booked an appointment to do a general check up on him too

Is he still breathing rapidly or just when you hold him? Is he relaxed and breathing normally when he's in his cage? How long have you had this bunny?

I’ve had him for about 2 weeks now, he’s never been like this. He’s usually very active and comes to anyone that walks by when he’s out. And he loves to be held, but this morning his head was bobbing and nose was moving a lot. Had he seemed uninterested in everything. He’s head was shaking both when held and left alone along with rapid breathing. It’s not cold in the apartment and not to hot either.

It's hard to know if there is something going on there since he's still eating normally. If in doubt it's always best to get to the vet. But that would need to be right away if there is in fact something going on, as it could possibly be something serious.

I’m taking him in the morning, I called the emergency vet and they said the same thing, that if he’s eating and doing everything else fine he might have just been stressed or scared of something, I’ll know for sure tomorrow, thank you !

Latest posts

Back