Babies this week?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I'm too exhausted from our show these weekend to type much other than - SHARE THOSE BABIES!!!

Don't forget - we LOVE photos!

Peg

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
I have a litter of Jersey Woolies due on Sat. the 25th. Can't wait as I am hoping to get opals!!!

Sharon
Sharon,

I'd never seen Jersey Woolies till Saturday at the show (or I never noticed them). WOW - they're gorgeous. Are they hard to maintain?

Art says I just have this "thing" for the hard to maintain bunnies.....

Peg

Woo - Hoo ....

A watched doe really CAN kindle.

Titania just had FIVE babies.....all are alive and have been nursed.

She made her nest sort of on the wire - she had some fabric and fur tucked around them but not under them...but she really was trying to nest (she refused to use her nestbox no matter how many times I showed her to put her fabric and hay in it....and if I took her fabric out of the cage she'd get frantic!

I'm so psyched! She lost her first two litters - one to still birth and one to kindling on the wire although she'd made a nest. So it was very important for me to be up to watch her once I saw her start to pull fur around midnight!

Peg

Watching the birthing is so cool! I stayed up and watched Wildfire give birth with her last babies, and she didn't really mind. I didn't realize that it took her all night to pull all the fur. She only pulled a tiny bit right before giving birth, then spent the rest of the night pulling more fur for them.

It truly is a blessing to be able to watch the process.

--Dawn

My mini-rex doe had 3 babies 2 days ago, 2 normal & 1 peanut who is still alive and looking "fed"so far.

Also 2 days ago my blk. otter netherland dwarf started to build a nest, and she isn't due till next Wed. or later. Really weird....I gave her a nest box and she hops around with stuff in her mouth.

Will try to post pic.'s soon.

Kadish Tolesa :)

Aww, baby bunnies are so cute, I love holding them just after they are born, so warm and cute!!!

I am debating on if I should breed again, I have twopure bred hollands who I have bred 4 or 5 times can't remeber, Only ever gotten 2babys that lived, should I try to breed her one more time? Or just retire them?

The last time she had 3 babys (normally she has 5-7) one was dead, and a couple days later, I went up and the babys were dead, one with missing front legs!!:shock:

I don't want to go through that again, I am thinking of just getting a new doe?
Sorry about going off topic!

Just checked on the two that are due today. One is still trying to bite my hand off and the other did leave me a present. Actually, she left me 7presents. Cool!!! The mother is an Opal Jersey Wooly and the father is a Black Otter Jersey Wooly.She is a brood doe that does not carry the dwarf gene so I am not too surprised my the number of babies she had.

Sharon

P.S. I'll get pics in a couple of days. Been busy because I am a secretary for a club and tomorrow is our show!

Hi,

I had 5 Holland Lops born, monday.

Can't wait to see what colours!

Latest posts

Back