Babies!! They are here!!! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyjr

Reaction score
Here is the post that I had about her.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=56740&forum_id=8

I went outside at Noon and she was just pulling at her fur. So I took an picture of her doing this.

001-8.jpg

I went out side around 1:30 and she was just eatting her morning pellets. And No babies in the nesting box. And then I went out there again at 3:30. I stuck my hand in the nesting box. And I freaked out and felt something warm. I hurry up and got my hand out of it.. It just scared me. So I screamed at my hubby to take them out. I couldnt do it. To scared too! Anyways. He started putting them in my hand. And I started to cry like an baby... I'm just happy that this is my first litter in my rabbitry.
They are all very active and couldnt keep the hold of them all. They wanted to go. :biggrin::spintongue:biggrin::yahoo:

Here are some pictures of the BABIES!!

(ALL BABIES TOGETHER!)
009-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

I got some one of each alone too!

I sure will see them grow up.. It will just hurt when they are ready to find homes.. Then I may couldnt give them up... HEHE! But I love them already, They were really warm.. She built the nest way better then the first.. But anyways.. I put an heater in the shed to keep it alittle warm in there.. Because its an cold night.

The father was an chestnut I believe. The one baby haves less black then the rest.. But I wondering...

Thanks to all!!

okay.. I have an question????

When I went outside this morning, To check on the babies. They havent been feed yet. So I bring the momma and babies indoors to feed them. I put the babies under nethe the momma for about 45 minutes.. I dont think the momma's milk is in yet. But she did good.

How often should they eat??

And when I grabbed the momma. I noticed that there was white stuff coming out of her nose. It looked like milk. But I wiped it off.??

I told my mother in law that Im going to borrow her camera once a week to get weekly pictures...

45 minutes? They only need to suck for 2-3 minutes. Every milked anything? Check and see if she has milk.

I am unsure about the nose deal. Is it back again? Really white? Seems odd. Any sneezing?

I thought it was normal that the doe may not feed the babies for the first 24 hours or so. And after that they feed only once or twice a day for a few minutes. Not sure if it is necessary at this stage to make her feed them as they were only just born?

Yes, But I just wanted to make sure her milk comes in. I just wanted to make sure they eat and not starve.

I went in the shed at 7:00pm and i picked one out and they dont look like they been feed yet.... :dunno

Mine were born at 7pm and they were not fed until the next day. I was a little worried cause they were skinny and wrinkly and then poof nice fat round tummies. Calm down momma take a deep breath and then wait. If by tomorrow they are not nice and round then try helping her feed them. I didn't actually see Fergie feed her babies until they were 10 days old.

Latest posts

Back