Babies taking all the milk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kati's Holland Lops

Reaction score
I have a litter of four babies, two of them are fabulous ( maybe even too chubby ), but the other two are skinny( not peanuts) idk what to do? Plz help?!?!?!?!

I honestly let nature take its course. Sometimes the babies continue to grow and feed but are just smaller than their siblings sometimes they become too weak to nurse and pass. I have had horrible luck with hand feeding babies so I no longer attempt it.

If you feel the need to supplement people suggest using KMR and or goats milk.
Here is a google search on different things you can use to supplement:
https://www.google.com/#q=baby+rabbit+milk+mix

Hey my mom's coworker has a rabbit who is going to have babies and she wants to keep them for 6 weeks for some time for the babies to grow apart from their mom but I need some help. First: the babies I were told where long eared rabbits but when I looked it up online it said "Lop eared" is that a different breed or am I getting the name wrong and Second: am I going to need alpha hay or something for the babies? Please help me!

you can take away the two fatties for a feed or two, it won't hurt them.

you feed the babies whatever you are feeding mom. That's what would happen in the wild too. :) greens,hay, pellets, grains.. whatever you feed mom the babies will be fine with. :)

Latest posts

Back