Babies front legs folded inwards

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstie Colson

Reaction score
Hi I have a baby rabbit unsure of age we had the mom dad and baby off someone for free. They wasnt really looked after. They had clumps of poo stuck to there bum size of gold balls. And the babies front legs wont straighten. He walks on the joints. Does anyone know what this could be please. I'm hoping to get in vets monday. TIA.

They do come out to side too but mainly stay folded under

Attachments

• 20200223_084544.jpg
    20200223_084544.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 40
Based on the amount of fur- the baby is likely 3-6 weeks old. From a breeders standpoint, the baby should already be hopping and walking around. This could mean paralysis or bad genes leading to deformities. A rabbit vet would likely suggest splints while the baby grows so that it can grow into walking properly. I hope this advice helps, best wishes.

Based on the amount of fur- the baby is likely 3-6 weeks old. From a breeders standpoint, the baby should already be hopping and walking around. This could mean paralysis or bad genes leading to deformities. A rabbit vet would likely suggest splints while the baby grows so that it can grow into walking properly. I hope this advice helps, best wishes.
Thank you. I will get him in

Poor little thing. If they are unable to correct the legs, maybe they have a little critter wheelchair like puppies have, with front wheels. Disabled bunnies are a lot of work but so worth it. My bunny both deaf and blind as senior. All bunnies full of love for all the care we provide. Keep us posted, sending him lots of love. Poor little bun. Hopefully you can find an answer.

Latest posts

Back