Babies due this week?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last picture...from left to right I see:

Chestnut, black, chestnut, black, fawn (or orange) and a blue tort(Not sure about this one at all). You can tell the two chestnuts and the fawn are agouti because of the pink...which will be white when the fur comes in...on the bellies and inside the ears. The fawn and blue tort are just a guess. From experience, pictures tend not to show the true color.

Hi,,congratulations on your litter..

my e-lophad 7 and she didn't have a problem feeding them all. I ended up taking out a couple at a time so it was easier for the doe to nurse them.

gentle giants wrote:
Well, my little Mini Rex doe had her litter this morning. You should have seen me trying to count them! They're a very feisty bunch-and I do mean a bunch! This little three pound doe had NINE kits! I was shocked, and now I'm kinda worried that she won't be able to feed them all. I have a Flemish doe that is nursing four week old kits, if the Mini Rex's need a supplement I was thinking I could trance the Flemish and let the kits sit on her belly to nurse. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I'm just worried about this poor little doe wearing herself down trying to feed them all.

lanna21974 wrote:
In the last picture...from left to right I see:

Chestnut, black, chestnut, black, fawn (or orange) and a blue tort(Not sure about this one at all). You can tell the two chestnuts and the fawn are agouti because of the pink...which will be white when the fur comes in...on the bellies and inside the ears. The fawn and blue tort are just a guess. From experience, pictures tend not to show the true color.
attachment.php

Left to Right:

Chestnut, Black, Chestnut, Black, Opal, and a Blue.

FYI, Their colors will seem to change rather quickly and make you doubt what they actually are, but don't worry... Once thier coat is completely in, it will all make sense ;).

Today, all kits look good. The litter weighs 12.9 oz. Day four. I'll be posting pictures in the bunny blogs from here on out.

I think I will be bringing this doe and her babies in the house tonight. She lost another kit this am. I keep finding them outside the nestbox, one at a time, dead. I don't know if she is taking them out because they are dying, or if they are dying because she's taking them out.
This was one of the bigger kits in the litter, though, definatly not a peanut, and it was fine last night. I am thinking if I bring them inside I can keep better track of what is happening, and check on them a couple of times a night. This is a really beautiful litter, I do not want to lose them one at a time like her last litter.

Latest posts

Back