Babies due this week?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was supposed to stay up all night so I could check on my does frequently - but that didn't work out. We got up to find that a first time mama had her babies on the wire....6 of the 8 are still alive though and I'm warming them up before helping her set up a nest for them. I'm excited about this litter as they are broken blacks!

I'll share more later....but just had to share that we have more babies!

Peg

I've got 1 doe due tomorrow - last time she miscarried 9one week early

I've then got 2 due on 3/2 - both experienced GREAT moms (one is my GC Chocolate doe:colors:)

Then I've got 1 more litter due on 3/5.

It's going to be a busy week! :bunnydance:

My broken castor MR doe, Teensy, is due the middle of this week. I really hope this litter survives, she lost her last litter and the poor little girl was heart-broken. I wish I had more litters on the way, but my other does are being very stubborn about breeding! I'm about to pull my hair out, there is one chin doe I especially want kits from, and she just won't breed! Anyone have any ideas about convincing her?

I have a fuzzy lop in the maternity ward today but I don't think she's pregnant. I've had trouble getting any litters with this buck. I don't understand it. His testicles look great and he does the business but no cigar.

If she kindles :bunnydance:you'll be the first to know.

Well - one more doe had her babies - I had mated her (black doe that carries dilute for sure) to a lilac buck - and I *think* I have a lilac and a black. I sure hope its a lilac!

Peg

bojay wrote:
I have a fuzzy lop in the maternity ward today but I don't think she's pregnant. I've had trouble getting any litters with this buck. I don't understand it. His testicles look great and he does the business but no cigar.

SIGH....still nothing. I don't think she'll kindle this time. Too bad too. She's an adorable brood doe.

Well, she STILL hasn't delivered!

... BUT the other 2 does that were due today did!

(Click on Thumbnails for larger view)

First arrival of the day... 2 Lilacs & 2 Blacks? (not 100% sure on the dark one's colors)

Next litter born... 2 Chocolates

I was wrong (thankfully) She has 6 kits this morning. Four black and two I have no idea. Will post photos if all goes well. She's a first timer buta great nest builder.

bojay wrote:

Congratulations Whisky. You've done good. :bunnydance:

bojay wrote:
attachment.php
What color were the parents?
BTW, in the first picture, the two middle"Black" Kitslook like Castor's to me (I see pink inside their ears = Agouti Markings) and in the 2nd picture, the "Black" on the far Right looks like a Castor (I see Pink under the chin and in the belly area = Agouti Markings).
If I were to guess, I'd say 2 Black, 2 Castor, and 2 Chocolate's - then again, maybe it's the lighting, but the 2"Black" bunnies on the left of the 2nd picture kinda look like they could be blue's, they seem to look lighter than the 2 "Blacks" on the right side.

You're right about the pink understide and in the ears with at least one of the black kits. These are fuzzy lops so I don't think any of them will be castor.

Doe-Mom is an orange from a broken lynx dam and orange sire

Buck-Dad is a black from a tortoise shell dam and broken chinchilla sire

It will be fun to see how the colors develop. This morning the two light colored ones are not the same color.One looks like a tort the other?I didn't get a better look at the whole litter but it looks like they are fed. One black kit was on the wire this morning but OK. It looks like they have a kung-fu grip on the doe's poor nipples.

More pics as time goes on. Thanks everyone.

Well, my little Mini Rex doe had her litter this morning. You should have seen me trying to count them! They're a very feisty bunch-and I do mean a bunch! This little three pound doe had NINE kits! I was shocked, and now I'm kinda worried that she won't be able to feed them all. I have a Flemish doe that is nursing four week old kits, if the Mini Rex's need a supplement I was thinking I could trance the Flemish and let the kits sit on her belly to nurse. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? I'm just worried about this poor little doe wearing herself down trying to feed them all.

Latest posts

Back