babies again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thank you, hopefully someone will know... this will b her second litter and with her first litter she did the exact same thing but on day 21. She makes a ‘practise’ nest with pine needles and hay but no fluff then leaves it alone so that should hopefully be a good sign...

Rabbits are creatures of habit. If she did it with her first litter and had them just fine she’s probably just doing it again. Some moms just like to nest early. As long as she isn’t pooping and peeing in the nest it should be fine to leave it till babies come

Update of the 8 kits, all doing fantastic! Cleaned nest out today and found a dead kit (number 9) completely buried in nest and it made me agitated that I didn’t find it earlier even though I thoroughly searched the nest when they were born. Anyway, all 8 healthy bunnies have their eyes open and had a good crawl around while I cleaned out the nest (I kept the clean fluff and straw so they will still have warm nest) they are 10 days old tomorrow morning. Checked genders and think I have 4 boys and 4 girls so split very evenly yay!7B94E5C8-6CCC-41EF-A097-9EE02752CE8E.jpeg

Thanks! They are 15 days old now in this picture and after a play and explore they still get tired and snuggly... mum loves to have a break from them though because they never leave her alone until she gives in to their attention and feeds them:p

Attachments

• 785CAB99-341B-4CCC-8A95-153392574967.jpeg
    785CAB99-341B-4CCC-8A95-153392574967.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 7
  • FDA8F10A-323F-4AF3-9DC0-67550325DDF5.jpeg
    FDA8F10A-323F-4AF3-9DC0-67550325DDF5.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 7
So, my NZ Flemish Giant finallllllllllly after 2 months of waiting, got her second litter of babies!! There are 7 big, healthy kits (found 8th one dead in nest) and I’m pretty sure there are 3 solid blacks and 4 solid blues. Mum is fawn so I’m surprised that there are no ginger kits but I’m still super relieved that she had her kits on time and safely.

So there are now 18 bunnies under my care - two doe’s plus the male and all obviously have seperate cages. 8 are 3/4 NZ Flemish Giant and now 16 days old, and the new arrival of 7 pure Flemish Giants were born this morning. Such a blessing to look after these beautiful creatures and eventually give them to good homes :):D

Ngaaaaaw beautiful! Yeah buyers would come to pick her up because she was the favourite but then didn’t like how she had red eyes (white Flemish giants should have red eyes) and so would pick out a fawn.... she was one of the last to go....but I was glad to keep her for longer!

Their all so cute! Are you selling your first litter, JimJam? I think their all adorable, and suprised that their is only one white. Is the dad a white? All of your litters are adorable, all of you.

those kits are from last year September and they were all sold in the time of 6 weeks...that's how fast people wanted one :) no, both mum and dad are fawn, but the dad always made an albino white rabbit in each litter - with different does! he must have gene for it...
the doe in the picture now has her second litter but with another male and has 7 babies... most are solid blue. Completely different colour for her this time!

BA388F33-C5F9-4BF3-9F40-608910C8328C.jpeg Mother and daughter xx
I will post a picture of the 7 pure NZ Flemish Giant kits this afternoon... ( they are 6 days approx)

i have wanted a flemish giant for a while but with the baby on the way we have decided not to

Latest posts

Back