Aww, Heath Ledger Died :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith Olbermann had Harvey Levin from TMZ on at the end of his show.

I didn't take notes but :

Although Ledger had a history of substance abuse:

He said his sources told him there were pill bottles around the apartment not around the bed like others were reporting.

He had been sick for a few days reportedly with pneumonia.

So there is more than a good chance that, although tragic, it was by natural cause.

The segment will replay about 11:50 PM Eastern Time

They were interviewing his father on tv tonight but I couldn't hear it (was on the phone talking to my son, who was asking for help with an emotional issue of his own). I did see on Larry King Live though, the reports coming out were that Heath's body was found on the floor at the foot of his bed, with a bottle of pills nearby. I too heard the reports that he'd been sick with pneumonia for the past while, and that he'd been on sleeping pills since last November as he'd been having problems being able to sleep.

In the first few days of any high-profile death, there will be claims...some true, many false. I guess there will be an autopsy tomorrow, though don't know when they will release the details on that.

No matter the cause though, the world has lost an excellent actor...and from how people who knew him were describing...a somewhat shy person who was always a gentleman.

ledger.jpg

So sad, and so tragic...

He was so young...and although I feel old, he was just a bit older than Danny and I are...hits close to home. :(

Prayers for his family...

Ok, so I cross posted this from my blog for the lazy people who don't wanna go clicking away... yes it upset me..

Here goes:

Better a silly girl with a flower, than a silly man with a horse and a stick...

It's called a lance... hello...

Heath Ledger died today, at age 28. I don't usually buy into the whole celebrity bull. But this particular celebrity's passing has left me deeply saddened..

I found him mesmerizing, and was anxiously awaiting his turn as the Joker.. yes I even watched him in *Brokeback Mountain*.

But he was more than that for me.

No it wasn't an obsession. I do ren faires. When *A Knight's Tale* came out, it totally redid the way alot of us did our characters. I myself spent 4 years announcing the jousts, and just about anything else, with my big mouth, and over the top demeanor, just like Jeffery Chaucer/Paul Bettany did."Yes, behold my lord Ulrich, the rock, the hard place, like a wind from Guilderland he sweeps by blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk in the garden of his turbulence."

Then I got reassigned as Mad Juana of Spain (yeah I know, go figure)

Alot of us worked quotes from the movie into our characters dialogs...

"And one and two and twirlie twirlie twirlie! And one and two and you're still getting it wrong! And one and two and three and four you can hit me all day cause you punch like a... what?.......A GIRL!!!!"

"He's blond, he's pi**ed, he'll see you in the lists, Lichtenstein! He's blond, he's tanned, he comes from Gelderland, he comes from Gelderland! Gelderland, Gelderland, Gelderland... Gelderland, Gelderland, Gelderland...He's quick, he's funny, he makes me lots of money, Lichtenstein! Lichtenstein! "

Or the whole troupe's ALL TIME fav..

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

MOST WANTING!! ..lol... that always gives me a chuckle..

But then *The Brother's Grimm* came out in August of 2005... I love costume's.. and I love Heath Ledger.
I was kinda disappointed, but Heath Ledger was amusing when he did the little diddy dancing at the end.. and the *witch hunting is quite a lucrative business* drunken speech in the pub..
I grew up reading Grimm's fairy tale's, so I accepted it for what it was, fairy tales, and bought the DVD.

But then... THEN.. *Casanova* came out...in December of 2005, and it made me forgive him for *The Brother's Grimm*. As I said, I adore costume movies..

Casanova2005Poster.jpg

I had to go to Carnivale... HAD TO...

392250360_e5824323bf_m.jpg

I walked among the same streets seen in the movie, the Doge's Palace, rode in a Gondola...the movie inspired me,much as Heath's effort in *A Knight's Tale* inspired my whole troupe some 4 years earlier.

I have some pretty remarkable eyes, I am told..ok, mostly by men that are married to me...or want something from me...heh

1081227158_m.jpg

Which is basically the only way you can recognize me in my Carnivale costume..

393224568_449da4f719_m.jpg

393224571_35c10fdae5.jpg

393730432_5b28f6080d_m.jpg

It was the experience of a lifetime, spurned by seeing one Heath Ledger movie.

I do recall seeing him as the handsome son who tragically died in *The Patriot*, that disturbed me, but also made me pick up a few books about the Revolutionary War.

I just recently, as in a couple of weekends ago saw a movie he was in called *Candy*, the level of depravity and tragedy in that movie just left an indelible imprint on my psyche, and literally put me in awe of his acting range.. well that and Geoffery Rush's as well.

I do read fashion magazine's, and they spent alot of time putting Heath on their worst dressed list, really chiding him. I recall looking at the pics and thinking *grungy Meth/heroin chic.. he needs help.* Perhaps if more people inquired about his well being and critiqued him less about his appearance...

I may be jumping the gun.. it could have been natural causes, it could have been an accident, it could have been complications from his reported bout with pneumonia.. who knows.

I for one will miss his talent, and seeing how bright his star would have shined in the future.

I will close this with a quote from *A Knight's Tale*, and a thought.

"A man can change his stars"

For Heath I guess we will just never know.

A pastor and his church are planning on picketing the funeral for his role in Brokeback Mountain. He's dead people, leave him alone!!! I really hope the cops will step in and prevent this. It's uncalled for.

This is the same pastor who was picketing fallen soldiers before the government stepped in and outlawed it.

It is so heartbreaking to think of his little girl and Michelle Williams...what she must be going through. It's just awful.

I heard this too. It is disgusting, I certainly hope the police do something about this lunatic.

okiron wrote:
A pastor and his church are planning on picketing the funeral for his role in Brokeback Mountain. He's dead people, leave him alone!!! I really hope the cops will step in and prevent this. It's uncalled for.

This is the same pastor who was picketing fallen soldiers before the government stepped in and outlawed it.

I never saw Brokeback Mountain, the role I remember him from is the eldest son in The Patriot. That's one of my husband's favorite movies, and I like it too. It's so sad, jsut when he was getting realy well known.

Another thing that really saddened me about this is that (from what I heard) his parents learned of their son's death from a bulletin on the radio. I've heard of such a thing happening before with celebrities, since the media tends to get wind of the news before next of kin can be notified...but what an incredibly horrible way to find out. :(

Latest posts

Back