Average Weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
I'm just curious what the average weight for a 9 week old Holland Lop is?

I have been weighing Kiara weekly on Monday's and she was 1.81 lbs (820grams) which I'm sure has changed now. I just want to know if she's bigfor her age, small, or right on.

Thanks.

Unless you have an idea of the dwarf and normalgenes within your holland, it's hard to give a weight. With there beingso many different varieties, that adds even more of a twist to the mix.

I'd ask the breeder you got her from.

-Carolyn

I don't really care, I was just curious to know if i could guess if she was going to be small, large, or average.

I just looked through her weight charts and she gained 0.68 lbs in 3weeks. Right now she's 9 weeks old so add in the fact that they slowdown in growth with time I'd say she's probably going ot end up between3 and 4 lbs like average.

The breeder told me she came from a small buck and doe. I saw them bothbut I didn't know what the heck small was for breed standard and I hadnothing to compare to.

I'm bonding her because she is a small rabbit and I want her to havethe warmth of a buddy in the winter (unfortunately, not this winter butshe ma spend most of it in the garage). So if she gets over 4 lbs it'sprobably better for her right now.

Even if you don't care, it's a good question. As you keep her chart,you'll be able to share her growth rate with others. Can't say onerabbit is going to be the same as others, but it's a good record foryou and the vet to have in her history, as well as interesting toothers that will have the same question about a holland.

Buck had a health binder divided for each rabbit. He would record hisrabbits' weight every month as well as all records from the vet. Smartthing to do.

-Carolyn

I have a record of my boys' weights dating backto April 2004. I also have a general page where I record theamount I feed, and any other things I need to note. Then I have therecord of nail trims, vet visits, mites and signs of mites, andfinally, a list of illnesses or signs of illnesses.

So I do keep a very detailed record of all of the bunnies. It's thefirst thing at the front of my binder with pictures of each if a bunnyever goes missing and I need a quick reference. Ya, I'm a worry wartmom!

Kiara was 1.81 lbs 3 days after she turned 8 weeks old so I think they were on the right track.

Latest posts

Back