August 2009

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwarf_Angel04

Reaction score
Wow, the start of yet another month!

I was just passing some time and looking through some old posts. I guess I haven't posted on this portion of the board since May!

Lots of news in the car accident recovery process. (Whichhasgetting closer to approching the year mark! 10.30.08)I was released from my surgeon the middle of May. I no longer have physical therapy and havn't done so since the end of May. That doesn't mean I'm back to normal though, LOL! I still have my good and bad days while long distance walking still isn't a wise option. I remain walking with a limp and rotation of my ankle at this point looks to be a goner with the metal hardware and ligament damage.

I started driving not long ago, I guess it was shortly after the 4th of July. It's taking a bit and this past week is when I started driving alone which I've only done 3 times. Driving at night is still a fear to overcome! Mainly the fear is not beng able to see every detail of the road and it's surroundings.

Uhmmm... I was also released to gowork withrestrictions onJune 1. Here we aretwo months later with no lead on a job.

Beyond that... there's not much happening! The county fair starts the third Friday of this month. That will be an adventure, let me tell ya!

So how's the rest of the clan out there?!

Amanda

Hi Amanda!
I think you post here more than I do :embarrassed:

It's been over 3 years since my back surgery, and I'm still having "recovery bumps"

...good days are starting to outweigh the bad ones to the most part, though.

Hang in there!... We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

My August is off to a bad start. My family has been on vacation for the last week, they came homelatetoday. We had a freak storm come through this afternoon with such strong winds that there was a lot of damage.

It turns out that my part of my sister's roof blew off and crashed through the garage wall of a house across the street.Now do to all the waterdamage,my sister'shouse is inhabitable. I spent 3 hours bailing water from the basement while another one of my sister's friends was upstairs trying to get as much water out of the carpet as she could. Unfortunately about half of their house has suffered water damage and will have to be torn out and redone, which means my sister, her husband, and their 3 kids(all of which are 3.5 or younger)will be out of their house for months. Not the way to come home from Holidays.

It could have been a lot worse, but man, it's almost sureal right now.

Thought I'd just post a few photos. We are fairly sure a tornado touched down in the cresent due to some reports of a funnel being spotted and this subdivision sustained the most damage, unfortunately, my sister's house got some of the worst damage.

The wind blow a few fence sentions off and snapped the 6x6 posts:

Storm9.jpg

They are missing a lot of shingles and 3 sheets of plywood:

Storm1.jpg

And part of their roof few into this house across the street and 2 doors down:

Storm2.jpg

OMG Laura - I saw that on the news last night - they actually filmed where the roof had gone into the neighbours house :shock:. Where is your sister and her family going to go?

We had the same kind of storm 2 weeks ago - one of our big trees came down and fell on the shed. Luckily another tree broke it's fall, so the shed wasn't damaged. Crazy weather!!!

How are the bunnies doing?

Amanda - glad to hear things are looking up at last. Good luck with the job thing.

Jan

My sister and her family are currently living with us. I have moved into the family room in the basement (which is also storage for all our extra furniture well we finish the other half of the basement so it's a little tight). If it's short term, they will stay here, otherwise they will let the insurance company put them up in a rental, but they really do not want to end up in a hotel.

Luvabun, this storm was worse than the one that hit Edmonton, had it hit Edmonton with the force that this one hit us, there would have been a lot more damage. Luckily it only grazed the edge of town and only about 10 houses lost roofs. A lot of houses have holes in their siding because of the hail. A few houses lost windows that either blew out or got smashed by hail. Trees fell on cars, but as far as I know, none fell on houses.

The bunnies are OK, Zoey's eye is still not healing. She's already been to the vet 3 times and is going back this week.

Yes it was the same storm. It was strange, it hit some areas hard, then skipped other areas. I have never seen so scared of a storm in my life, I thought for sure it was a tornado.

So sorry to hear about your sister's house, our experience pales in comparison~ I can only imagine not having a place to live afterward though~so my hubby and furkids here have all our available paws crossed for your family (and Zoey's eye)
What a welcome to Calgary I tell ya...as soon as that storm hit (our very first night here) I was ready to pack it up and hightail it back to BC.
I watched lightning hit a neighbouring power pole and make that hideous bzzt sound, I was sooo freaked out but the girls? Just sat in their cage looking at me like I was not really such a good role model.
Maybe they were just used to all the thunder and lightning from Taiwan, but I personally have never seen it soo *&^% close.
On a side note, I will also keep the bun paws crossed for the recovery process for you Amanda :) as well as the job prospects !!
TAKE CARE all
xo Jez, Jaden and moi

furtabulous thank-you Jim...settling into Calgary life bit by bit here.
Looking forward to the buns getting used to the creaks, groans and other things that go bump in the night here in our apartment in a house~100 year old house and every night the girls warn the rest of the non-existent pack that danger awaits hehe
other than that all is well, saw the most gorgeous lionhead the other day in a pet store! A pet store no less! odd.....
hope all is well with you and yours?
c

Wow Cher, it's nice to hear from you! You're moving closer.. ha ha... but should have come to Edmonton and joined the rest of us. :p

Zoey's eye appears to be healing slowly (very slowly). She goes back on the 24th and hopefully the vet will have seen a decent bit of improvement.

I am so glad to hear it is improving, even slowly...better than remaining stoic :)
Edmonton?lol I already tried that, oh about 10 years ago.
cheers to Calgary for one year
*grin grin*

Hi everyone :) DA I am so glad you are doing ok but I wish things would get better. Lexi and I think of you often.. and especially when someone said they'd like to get into HO tots..... like tatertots LOL! We thought it would give you a giggle!

We are all doing ok. I'm dealing with a little rough spot with my son. He's extremely intelligent, but has trouble socially and dealing with change.... we just took him to Purdue on Sunday and he's wanting to quit... he's going to be fine, but at this point he's driving me bonkers calling and asking to come home! then fighting with me about it...

Glad everyone is ok with the storms being so bad!

Yuppers
Jez and Jaden will only be sporting a Calgarian twang for a year whilst their parents attend U of C for our Masters :)
then ?
who knows...
BUT~when was that rabbit show again in Edmonton? I was hoping we would be around for that!

Cher wrote:
~when was that rabbit show again in Edmonton?
I believe the next show in Edmonton would be in Westakiwin on Feb. 13-14th weekend. There will be some changes at the venue and it should be a better rabbit show.

Latest posts

Back