Attn: outdoor bunny owners #2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RosieTheRabbit

Reaction score
Why was the last thread closed? I didn't see anything 'off topic' as watermelon implied.

Us outdoor bunny owners wish to discuss everything and anything outdoor bunny related. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

It might be better off that you send a PM to Watermelons for more info about why the last thread was closed, and maybe discussing opening a new thread then. :)

I think because the conversation moved back to outdoor vs indoor, when the thread was meant to be for outdoor rabbit discussion only- not explaining WHY their rabbits live outdoors. I think it would be best if indoor rabbit owners only posted if they were planning on moving their rabbits outdoors, so the thread stays on topic, rather than turning into a debate, which has to be kept moderated. :) If anyone has questions about something someone does, perhaps they could pm.

So, that being said - I am one of the half-and-half's - indoors at night, and on rough, stormy days, and outdoors in their hutch-and-run during fine days. Recently they spent a couple of months staying outside, and I wasn't allowed to bring them inside - I turned my inactive car into a private rabbit office for our cuddle time, using the wet-dog-car-seat covers to protect the seats. It was really very cosy for just our "us" time; I kinda miss it even though they're in my room now! I explained to them how the car worked, so in an emergency, I expect them to be able to rise to the occasion, haha!

I also used to let Reuben free-range the garden, but it isn't Nermal-proof, so that rarely happens now. I have thought about an enclosed garden though, just for the rabbits and guinea pigs (obviously, they would not be in at the same time), but that would take an awful lot of wire, and I'm really not that keen on gardening :p It might be an idea for someone with a smaller greedy horde though; I know people have done it before, with just one rabbit - you wouldn't need such a large garden, unless maybe s/he's a really greedy giant breed, maybe!

I think because the conversation moved back to outdoor vs indoor, when the thread was meant to be for outdoor rabbit discussion only- not explaining WHY their rabbits live outdoors. I think it would be best if indoor rabbit owners only posted if they were planning on moving their rabbits outdoors, so the thread stays on topic, rather than turning into a debate, which has to be kept moderated. :) If anyone has questions about something someone does, perhaps they could pm.

Correct.

So if you wish to try that topic again, feel free to make a new one. (since this is a question about the old one, I wouldn't use this topic in particular)
This time anyone who goes off topic or becomes judgemental about outdoor rabbit keeping, their post will be removed immediately so the discussion can continue as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back