Attn. Math Experts (percentages/ratios)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
I want to be sure I'm doing this right (I have a nursing math exam in a couple weeks - applicants are expected to get a minimum of 90%!).

1. Change the following percentages to ratios and to decimals:

16 2/3%

.4%

9/10%

37.5%

I'm not sure exactly what they're looking for, but this is what I'd do. (I'm not exactly a math expert... I have up to calculus I (AP Calc AB) and some college stats, but I think that's more than enough for some not too complex percentages.) :)

0.166(repeating) or 16.6 (repeating)/100

0.004 or .4/100 or 4/1000

This one confuses me a bit... .9%? so 0.009 or .9/100 or 9/1000

0.375 or 37.5/100 or 375/1000

THANK YOU!

That's exactly what I got, so I must be on the right track! (there's no answer key with the practice exam the school sent in the mail.) I got an A in algebra and chemistry, but am weak on some of the basics. I'm pretty sure we won't be allowed to use a calculator for the preliminary test, so I've got to keep very careful track ofdecimal points when converting, dividing, etc.: )

I understand, just remember that the word percent (%) really means "out of one hundred" so if you take the number before the % and put it over 100, you're good to go. Then move your decimals from there, and I always find it helps to remember tenths place, hundredths place, thousandths place, etc.
Can you talk my professors into putting this on my finals?

Latest posts

Back