ATTN: LOTS of rabbits (N. California)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagPie

Reaction score
So last night I got a mass email from a lady who works at my local SPCA in Sacramento (I used to volunteer) that over 50 rabbits got dropped off by a breeder.

From the looks of it they are mostly long haired breeds, like lionheads and angoras. So lots of bunnies looking for homes. They are even looking for people to come in and help with them. Not a lot of them are socialized. PM and I can get you the email you can speak with the woman in charge about helping.

:clover:

UPDATE!

Via an email from Sacramento SPCA:

SacSPCA in URGENT NEED- Please Help!...

In July we received 45 rabbits from a "retired breeder" that had lost her residence. Since then we have continued to take in a steady stream of rabbits either as strays or owner surrenders. Despite our efforts at marketing them, doing adoption specials, and placing them with rescue groups, we still have 35 rabbits in need of homes (we are normally at capacity around 18 rabbits.) Unfortunately, at this point our local, area rescues and shelters are full (the Sac City shelter confiscated about 50 rabbits in June from a neglectful situation- they too are still in need of assistance.)

Our receiving and adoption buildings are full with rabbits. We have over a dozen rabbits staying in our Sickbay Cattery where we treats cats with URI. We will not be able to house them there indefinitely and are in urgent need of assistance with placing these rabbits.

If you can help even one rabbit, we would be so grateful. We will do our best to arrange transport to wherever they need to go. Please share this email far and wide.

Please contact [[email protected]] no later than Tuesday, August 20th at 5pm if you're able to assist us. Thank you all for the work that you do!

Here's our website to see most of our rabbits: http://www.sspca.org/adopt/meet-adoptable-pets/other-animals/

I hope some of our RO members can help these buns find a good home! Praying for these buns in need of new homes.

Latest posts

Back