Attacking the pillow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
This morning, Q-tip decided that my pillow was her mortal enemy. At about 6 am, she hopped up onto the bed and started digging in the pillow....even though my head was on it. Eventually, I got so fed up with moving her and having her come back 30 seconds later that I just got up.

But that hasn't stopped the little pillow monster. I have no idea what her deal is. I haven't switched shampoo in the past few days, nor has anything really changed. But I can't get her off the pillow. She's currently up there digging at it. Spraying her and saying no doesn't seem to help....it deters her for about 5 seconds.

How am I supposed to sleep with this pillow attacker?? But a better question...on on earth is she developing this hatred of the pillow?

Well, someone better find one, stat. This little monster is driving me up the walls with her digging. I need a root cause!! Psychoanalyze those ears!!

I had a cushioned bed thing for Layla and Mumford and Mumford dug it apart and Layla peed on it within an hour. Can you put an xpen or something around your bed to keep her off of it?

She is spayed...and usually a little angel. The digging and pillow attacking have only been in the past two days.

Kim, I thought about that. The x-pen doesn't fit, and it also serves as a human-deterrant....my legs are too short to step over it!!

Can you put the pillow in a drawer or on a high shelf when you're not using it?

Other than that, I diagnose it to be a case of deflected anger, whether against you or her mother would take many more sessions to figure out, lol. The pillow obviously represents some kind of parental figure.

Maybe you could get her her own pillow to dig on and put it near your bed or something like that.
If I put a pillow on the floor my bunny, Sweets, loves to dig at it aswell :)

Does Q-tip sleep on your bed at night?

I've given her a pillow of her own. No interest. She only wants mine.

The digging went away after a few days (crosses fingers)...she's still being bad and digging on things other than the pillow and testing me...but at least she lets me sleep.

And I remember than in another topic you posted that for awhile you'd like a rabbit that acted a bit differently than Q did. I know you didn't have pillow attacking in mind, but be careful what you wish for.

Latest posts

Back