Athena

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I just got back and found her. I thought she wassleeping. I opened the cage door to top off her food and water shedidn't jump up like she normally does. I kept tring to gether up but she was gone. I don't understand what happpened. Ikeep askinh myself why? I've been replaying the past few days in mymind trying to see if maybe I missed something. But there was nothing.I feel like I let her down. I'm here all alone and Apollo keeps jumpingup and snuggling. I just wish I knew why. I want my baby back. I wasgoing to take her to the park today. Sorry. I need to get myself undercontrol.

Tina

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your bunny! How oldwas she??? That's odd that she would just die without any kind of signor anything.....I'm sorry! *hugs*

Tina,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I know she will bemissed. How is Apollo acting?Has he beenexposed to the same things that Athena had been? Was it toohot? Sorry for the questions, I don't mean to soundinsensitive, I just wanted to try to help you think of something thatmay have causedit.

Take care. You'll be in my thoughts.

Wabbitwuv

Oh, Tina! I am so, so sorry.It hurts so much when they leave so quickly and we've had no time toprepare ourselves for the departure. We all second guessourselves, with, "could've, would've, should've's," but rarely wouldthat have affected the outcome. Regardless of that, though, Ido know how much it hurts right now. It's like someone justkicked you right in the stomach, full force, out of the blue.It's shock, anger, sorrow, puzzlement, all rolled into one big, dark,mess.

If you are not familiar with the concept of the Rainbow Bridge, pleaselinktohttp://www.lisaviolet.com/ecard/rainbowjavax.htmlIt applies to all animals who were pets, and it offered ussome consolation when we've lost buns.

I am so, so sorry for your deep and unexpected loss.:(

Buck

P.S. Tina, if you go back to reread this, I've changed thelink above since posting originally because I think this version iseven more poignant and beautiful.

[align=center]Oh, Tina! I am sooo sorry. I can only imagine the depth of your loss.

Our prayers for you and Apollo and a huge hug from both me and Sherman.

In Loving Memory of Athena
[/align]

Oh Dajeti2,

I don't know what to say. The stories of Athena and Apollo are so heartwarming and so filled with love and happiness.

Unfortunately, it was just her time. I'm sure it had nothing to do withthe wonderful loving home and care you gave her. Buns pass so quickly.I swear, one day they're fine and the next they're gone.

I can't believe she's gone. I just can't believe it. You poor poorthing. I really hope you call a family member or friend over to sitwith you at this time of need.

I just know that you'll see Athena when your time to pass into heavencomes. I so wish I could help you, comfort you, make you believe thatit wasn't your fault--because it wasn't. This one was beyond yourcontrol. It's so unfair when they die so young and without anypreparation so that you would've known that something was wrong.

My heart goes out to you in this most difficult time of grief andsorrow. You'll be on my mind and in my thoughts constantly in the weekahead.
I wish I could help you. I'm brokenhearted for you. Please, if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

-Carolyn

I'm so sorry! R.I.P. little girl! I send my bestwishes to you and to the other little bunny in your care. It wasn'tyour fault, blaming yourself is the worst thing you can do and it makesthe pain of losing them last longer.

Best wishes,

Laura, Mocha, & Spice

Tina,

I am so sorry aboutyour loss. I know how it feels. Hang in there. Hugs to you!!!

Cristy

Dajeti, I found this very sweet poem that I hope will give you some consolation in your loss.

[size=+2]Remember Our Love[/size]

[size=+1]I was chosen today
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Julie Epp [/size]

Dearest Tina and Apollo,

I know you've had a very hard couple of weeks with your husband beingsick. Just when you think you see the blue sky ahead, Athena passes.I've put you, your husband, and Apollo at the top of my prayer list.

Our pets are our family. They are our own reflections. They're dearlyattuned to us and us to them. The loss of an animal carries with it thesame feelings as the loss of a beloved family member or friend.

I believe that everything that lives is composed of energy and energycan only be transformed, not destroyed. Athena still exists, althoughher form does not.

Acknowledge and allow your feelings to come out. Your tears will be tears of grief and healing.

-Carolyn

"His dog up and died
Up and died.
After twenty years,
He still grieved."

-"Mr. Bojangles" By Jerry Jeff Walker

Tina, What horrible new - I'm very sorry to hearof your loss! I know losing an animal is like losing a family memberand a friend and no words can describle the hurt and upset you mustfeel at the moment. My heart goes out to you at this time :(

Vickie

I want to thank you all. I read a few of yourrelies and then I have to stop because I can't see through the tears.Apollo is being ever faithful and true to her and to me. Laying infront of Athena's cage is where he always lays. My husband says he'sbeing protective and watching over his girl. Well, he's still rightthere. Nudging her cage. He doesn't understand why she's not boundingover to him. Apollo actually jumped up on the couch and climbed into mylap. He stoood up and started licking my cheek. I started crying and hesnuggled under my chin and stayed that way until I stopped crying. Asmuch as I am trying to comfort him, he is comforting me.

I printed out the Rainbow Bridge. I am going to give it to my son when I tell him.

I just want to thnk you all for your kind words and all your love. It means the world to me. Thank you

Tina

Dear Tina,

I didn't know you had a son too. Of course, he'll be in our thoughts and prayers too.

What you're going through is one of my biggest fears. The feelings are so difficult to manage.

Sadness
Hysteria
Dreams
Confusion
Indecision
Depression
Hostility
Low self-esteem
Hyperactivity or lack of activity
Mis/non-communications
Irritablility
Inadequacy

They race so fast through us as we're grieving.

It was a beautiful day to die. Athena couldn't have been given moreloved, more comforts, or been more happy than the life you provided herwith.

You did your job well.

-Carolyn

Dear Tina I am crying with you. A bun goes soquickly sometimes and sometimes they try to be so brave and hideproblems until it is to late. Please watch Apollo becaise bunnys grieveloss also.

i know i have not been on here very long, but ican tell that this rabbit was very special to you. i am so sorry tohear about the loss. its so hard when we lose our pets. its like losinga child. i am sure she is in a wonderful medow now up in the sky,munching on all the dandilions and clovers her little heart could everdisire.

Tina,

I just got home and read your post -- I am so sorry to hear that you lost Athena. You are in my thoughts . . .

Pam

im so very sorry. youll be inmy thoughts. losing someone you love is the hardest thing in the world.but dont beat yourself up over it, its not your fault.theonly things i can say that might make you feel a little better is thatit sounds like she went peacefully, so remember that she wasnt in painand that she lived a happy life with you there to love her.

Latest posts

Back