Ate plastic!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi so I’m a new bunny owner and I worry about everything so sorry if I’m over reacting. Someone had left the hay bag close to the cage of my two 5 month old bunnies and when I have come home I have found it ripped to shreds and plastic all over and I am worried if and how much of the plastic they have consumed? I was wondering if I needed to take them to the vet or if the plastic will pass on it’s own. Any advice would be a huge help! Thankyou

Well, they are very good at shredding things without consuming anything. My first house rabbit turned all plinth, wood and PVC alike, to flakes. Don't get me started on USB cables and airbrush hoses.

So I think it's very unlikely that she consumed a worrysome amount, and quite some stuff can pass without problems, anyway, monitor her food intake and behaviour, just in case. If she turns her nose on treats or stuff she goes for greedily at those times she usually gets it, and if she's passive laying around or hunched up I would see a vet asap, with mine that is a sign that something is seriously wrong.

But as I said, I'm pretty sure she's fine, and pretty smug about her accomplishment.

Thankyou so much. I’ll keep an eye out. Eating and drinking is still as normal and poo seems to be normal too, but I’ll moniter

Latest posts

Back