At ER vet right now!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s amazing that Ruby is doing better now! I knew she would pull through, shes a tough little girl❤️ I bet she’ll be glad to be coming home🙂

How much are the bills? Vs how much is pet insurance? I want to know if I should get it

How much are the bills? Vs how much is pet insurance? I want to know if I should get it
I’m not sure how much rabbit insurance will be for you. Mine is £13 a month (£156 a year). And I know that vet bills for stasis (depending on a few factors) can go upwards of £200-300. Let’s say your bunny gets stasis twice a year (£600 without insurance), you will only need to pay the excess once which for me is £60, which ends up saving more money, and you don’t need to be worried about not taking the bunny to the vet because you can’t afford it

Any americans have rabbit insurance? And if so what plan do you have if there are different plans

Any americans have rabbit insurance? And if so what plan do you have if there are different plans
I'm actually looking into pet insurance and waiting for a response from Pet Assure about a question I have. Regardless of whether they cover it or not, I'm still getting the insurance. The plan I'm looking at covers up to 4 animals in a household for $16-$17 a month.

@peanutdabunny
I replied earlier but must not have hit the save button. She has nationwide pet insurance. I got the health and wellness for exotics, because it just about everything including her spay. I pay $38 a month. Her spay bill was $365, she's had two checkups, don't remember cost and yesterday's bill was $965, but would have gone up drastically if I hadn't gotten her in there fast. Just imagine if she had needed surgery! And as mentioned above the last thing I needed to worry about yesterday was bills.

I replied earlier but must not have hit the save button. She has nationwide pet insurance. I got the health and wellness for exotics, because it just about everything including her spay. I pay $38 a month. Her spay bill was $365, she's had two checkups, don't remember cost and yesterday's bill was $965, but would have gone up drastically if I hadn't gotten her in there fast. Just imagine if she had needed surgery! And as mentioned above the last thing I needed to worry about yesterday was bills.
does insurance go up like it does when you get in a car accident? (for car insurance)

Um... I would imagine so... But in pennsylvania we don't vaccinate yet. A standard check up visit may be only 42, but issues can arise with buns. It's an extra monthly fee, but it's paid for itself and more.

Um... I would imagine so... But in pennsylvania we don't vaccinate yet. A standard check up visit may be only 42, but issues can arise with buns. It's an extra monthly fee, but it's paid for itself and more.
You can't even get a vacciene? hmm thats strange, since the amount of outbreaks, I just want to take my bun outside

Aww, glad to read that Ruby pulled it through! She's so amazing and i'm sure that her spitfire sass helped her in the end.
Also, i was wondering, what sort of worldwide pet insurance? Our country's insurance firms only cover for cats and dogs under some conditions, and Musti&Lümi's big fat vet bills (Your spays cost so much! Our pricing ranges from 75 to 200) had reminded me many a time to look into it, but i found NOTHING. A lil' helping hand is much appreciated.

I'm so happy Ruby is home! Please update us with pictures of her now that she feeling better (I always love seeing pictures of her because she is so cute!).

Aww, glad to read that Ruby pulled it through! She's so amazing and i'm sure that her spitfire sass helped her in the end.
Also, i was wondering, what sort of worldwide pet insurance? Our country's insurance firms only cover for cats and dogs under some conditions, and Musti&Lümi's big fat vet bills (Your spays cost so much! Our pricing ranges from 75 to 200) had reminded me many a time to look into it, but i found NOTHING. A lil' helping hand is much appreciated.
I don't know about worldwide. I used Nationwide, and it will come up first as only cats and dogs, I had to dig through the links to find the exotics, but they are pretty great if you just call them, once I found they did have an exotics plan. Spays are generally more expensive than neuters, I'm also thinking my vet might just be a little pricey, he's got the market on exotics in the area. I could have probably gone to my dogs vet with her, but rabbits, ya know.

I don't know about worldwide. I used Nationwide, and it will come up first as only cats and dogs, I had to dig through the links to find the exotics, but they are pretty great if you just call them, once I found they did have an exotics plan. Spays are generally more expensive than neuters, I'm also thinking my vet might just be a little pricey, he's got the market on exotics in the area. I could have probably gone to my dogs vet with her, but rabbits, ya know.
I just looked into Nationwide. So far, I noticed it's the only pet insurance that would cover rabbits at a decent price. Very glad Ruby gets to continue being a Rum Bun.

Latest posts

Back