Asking if it's true...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanillaMarshmellUwU

Reaction score
Google said that Apple Cider Vinegar keeps the rabbits immune system up also preventing urinary tract problems like infections and bladder sludge (this is caused from excess calcium) and promotes a less potent urine therefore reducing the smell. ... ACV makes rabbits unattractive to fleas and mites by making the rabbit smell off. Because I'm suspecting fur mites in my rabbits since yesterday's incident about my rabbit wanting to eat but can't, that was fixed. I think I see a little bit of white stuff/ dandruff it that's what you call it, and I noticed some shaking, itching, and loss of fur on The back of his neck/ head. I was hoping that using ACV would help but somebody told me that it was not true... I was just confirming this since the internet has a lot of nonsense. Plus I have lots of trouble finding a savvy or rabbit experienced vet since it's extremely rare... Finding one and I'll ask my mom if she has a friend vet who knows something about rabbits.

Just if you believe in it. It has a catchy acronym, and it was quite some hype about it, someone musing, others repeating and exaggerating it, and Bingo, you've got the Cure All Snake Oil.
Good thing is, it can't do any harm, and it costs nothing.

Just if you believe in it. It has a catchy acronym, and it was quite some hype about it, someone musing, others repeating and exaggerating it, and Bingo, you've got the Cure All Snake Oil.
Good thing is, it can't do any harm, and it costs nothing.
Sorry... I don't get much of what you are saying. So what you are saying is that ACV has nothing to do with fleas, mites, immune system, and etc. Of the rabbits and I can just use All Snake oil/Snake oil? I don't know if we have that kind of oil... I don't think we have that here. By the way here is the pic of my rabbits neck sorry it it's blurry

Attachments

• IMG_20200610_151744.jpg
    IMG_20200610_151744.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 14
It certainly looks like mites... What Preitler meant is that ACV certainly can't do any harm, although it may not work either... I would certainly go see a vet, even if you can't find a rabbit savvy one. Discuss ANY treatment the vet recommends on here and we can see if it's safe.

Right, it's more an esotherical thing than actual helpful. It might be that it entices rabbits to drink a little more water because of the taste, and that can have some positive effects.
It definitly does nothing about parasites, or a fungal infection.

Is your rabbit molting, and for how long is that bald spot there? When there's any kind of dandruff or flaky skin I would have the vet check it out.

I see no reason to believe that the ACV will go ANYTHING for parasites, although once you clean up the mites it MIGHT make her fur shinier, which is nice. It won't hurt, but it also won't help the problem at hand.

Right, it's more an esotherical thing than actual helpful. It might be that it entices rabbits to drink a little more water because of the taste, and that can have some positive effects.
It definitly does nothing about parasites.
Well good thing... My rabbit does not want to drink any water with ACV I tried it the other day and he did not like it... He just recovered from yesterday's incident where he tried to eat but can't and I am also litter training him at the same time

I see no reason to believe that the ACV will go ANYTHING for parasites, although once you clean up the mites it MIGHT make her fur shinier, which is nice. It won't hurt, but it also won't help the problem at hand.
What should I do? Can you pls recommend me any? Maybe we have some things in my province that can help.
I dont know how to clean up the mites I. Rabbits. 😅😅

Is your rabbit molting, and for how long is that bald spot there? When there's any kind of dandruff or flaky skin I would have the vet check it out.
I don't know if it's molting because I did not buy a hairbrush for rabbits yet since I can't go to the mall. Few weeks(I think). I don't know what flakey skin looks like... I checked the Internet of how it looks like but it did not show me anything

Look up any vets in your area online, the best bet will have exotics experience, second-best horse or livestock, although any small animal vet may have to do. I am almost always an advocate for cleaning the affected area with hydrogen peroxide, but that WILL NOT stop the problem, just clean biological matter. Call a vet, pretty much any vet although

I don't know if it's molting because I did not buy a hairbrush for rabbits yet since I can't go to the mall. Few weeks(I think). I don't know what flakey skin looks like... I checked the Internet of how it looks like but it did not show me anything

It really looks like how mites present to me, a vet will prescribe a topical or an oral treatment that will make it better

Talk with a dog/cat vet, they should have a few mites medication and should be able to help you figure out how much to give.

You can also ask in the group of Rabbit lovers Philippines, I’m quite sure they can give better local information than what we can ☺

We have a vet clinic here BUT they can only handle cats and dogs... No knowledge about rabbits

You use medication for cat and dogs when you treat mites. Myself use a topical treatment which is called strong hold spot on. The vet would need to just calculate how much to give for the weight. Or you could research on what mites medication that exist in your province and see if any other bunny owners had used it/ gotten from a rabbit savy vet and ask your vet at your place if you could get that prescribed.

Myself is giving both my bunnies medication for mites after one of my bunnies showed signs. I had to buy different concentration because my bunnies varies in weight :)

I'm in contact with an admin on the group about this. Where exactly are you based?
fur mites. Thank you very Much for helping and I'm chatting a vet clinic and I'm waiting for response although they specialize only for dogs and cats... Fur mites should be possible too since it also effects cats and dogs.

It’s a little hard to tell from your photo but is your bunny mixed with a Mini Rex? Our mini Rex looses the fur at the base of her neck a couple times a year with fur change. We used to think it was mites as well but our vet says it’s just part of her fur change pattern.

Latest posts

Back