Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that you need it but good luck with the art contest! I'm sure your dragon will win a prize! Good wishes to your father with his dental appointment tomorrow! If the weather holds out for me tomorrow, I will be doing some major house cleaning including bunnies house/pen! Sometimes I wish the bunnies & other pets did their own room/house cleaning! lol

Tauntz, thanks, I hope I win. I can enter a few things so I'm going to enter that chinese dragon I made and this dragon when I finish it. So far its really coming along well. It should be done sometime in the next few days. Especially since its body is finished.

Thanks for the good wishes for him. I'm sure he'll do fine though, he's had many teeth filled in his life. My appointment is sometime in July now.

I know, wouldn't that be awesome if they would clean their own room/house? :)

If anyone is wondering I'll be getting that Phoenix yarn when my mom goes to Walmart as last time my father wen to Walmart I forgot to tell him to get the yarn. Even if I did ask him he probably wouldn't have found the right yarn as he's not good at finding things for other people in stores.

Well good luck with the contest and the dentist. Had a few done some years back and the procedure itself sounded barbaric during it but wasnt so bad. The cotton in the mouth afterwards was more annoying.

Thanks everyone!

Micheal, thanks, I know it does sound pretty scary. It wasn't that bad the first time I had it done though. Thanks for the good wishes at the contest.

Morgan, thanks, I'll be getting it done in July since we switched the appointments. I know its only a one time thing though. Thanks for the good wishes! I hope I do win something.

So my father went to the dentist today, everything went fine.

It was warm out but not very hot I'm thankful for that as I hate so much heat. I like 70 degree days best. I can't wait until its Fall. Its my favorite season of all time. I love the foliage. And all the leaves scattered all over the ground and all the wind. What season do you all like best.

The watermelon plants are doing good. Most of them grew a new leaf and that is good. Can't wait to taste the watermelons they grow.

What I've been doing so far is putting a cup of water in the fridge so whenever I'm thirsty I drink from it. I love doing it, its so good to drink the nice cool water when I'm really hot.

Its still hot now, though not as much as earlier on in the day. Sometimes I hate Summer for its heat. Haha.

I'm almost done with that dragon. The contest will be over this week so its motivating me to get it done. If I don't get it done in time I'll just use my crochet chinese dragon for backup.

Elise, since I live in the southern US, I prefer spring &/or fall. Unfortunately, being in the south we don't get much of either. We seem to have at least 9+ months of summer, usually about 10 or 11 months of summer temps. with just a week or two of spring & fall & whatever is left we call winter. lol Our winters are only about a month to a month & a half long & not nearly as cold as the northern states. We also get allot of humidity except during winter. So it is almost always hot & muggy! Yuck! Summers here I don't think I could endure without air conditioning. I don't go out except to do what must be done outdoors, I can't enjoy gardening or going for walks or just what most people think of fun summer things. Oh, except swimming but no pool or other place around here to swim so I don't even get to enjoy a nice summer swim to cool off outdoors. Don't want time to fly by but will be glad when we have cooler less humid weather.

Can't wait to see the finished dragon & to hear how you did in the contest! Good luck!

Good lord Tauntz, where do you live? I would assume, Mississippi, Alabama, southern Georgia, or Florida by the way you talk about the weather! Or possibly Texas. I don't really consider Texas the "south" per say, but more like northern Mexico, southern mid-west. And I loosely consider Florida the south, because most of the residents in Florida are from the north so its more like South New York. haha. Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana and southern Georgia are the deep south to me, and the most culturally alive parts of the south. Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia are not really southern, they're just...backwoods. Theres a different kind of accent there and its a little weird, because its like the north and the south mated and came up with Tennessee and it was the awkward kid. And there is my overview(because everyone wanted to know) of The South, from someone from South Carolina...(the best state ever!)
I live in SC and we still have winter months! From like November to the end of March, then we get one really awkward 80* day in January that makes us all think its going to be spring soon. hahaha. I HATE winter, I don't like being cold. I don't like the snow, cold rain or any sort of ice. haha. When we went to Pittsburgh in December a few years ago, I thought I was going to die. Then when we went in April, it was SO cold at night my body was like WTF ITS APRIL! ITS SUPPOSED TO BE 80* NOT 30*. Then we got home at it was 80 and my body was no longer confused.
I love summer. Its hot, its humid, I look like a lion because my hair is really thick and really big, my makeup runs and I'm constantly sweating...but I love every stinking minute of it. LOL For some reason, I really like to sweat. Yes, I'm totally weird. I just sort of enjoy sweating. Like when I'm outside doing something and there is sweat dripping down my nose, I know I'm doing something. When I'm inside cleaning and I'm sweaty, I know that I've accomplished things! Plus, sweating is good for you!

I can't wait to see your dragon and see how you place in the contest! I'm sure you'll do well! :)

Tauntz, wow, 9 months of Summer! I don't really like Summer because of the heat but I would love that looong growing season, haha. Wow, Winter is really short where you live. I don't like Winter much but it would be a nice break from the summer heat.

Morgan, you just made me laugh. LOL. Usually our Winters last for a few months and fall for a few months and Summer for a few months. We have almost equal bits of all. Sometimes in January we do get a few warm days but mostly cold. I don't like Winter either but it is a nice break from the Summer heat.

Normally its cold in April here. Its not really until mid May that it starts to really warm up. I hat months like April that are really cold and rainy. My favorite weather is cloudy warm and maybe windy.

Sometimes I like the Summer heat. And sometimes I like sweating too. But I really prefer warm cloudy windy days like I said before. I love Fall.

Oh and thanks for the good wishes. I have until Saturday or Sunday to enter my things so I'm going to try to finish that dragon today and me done with it. Sometimes I wish I could crochet with super human speed, lol.

I'll be thinking about you and hoping you win...your crochet creations are fantastic.

I like spring best when the weather´s warm and bearable. It´s a bit springish at the moment as it´s lovely during the day but cooler than normal at night so comfortable to sleep. When real summer hits, it´s too warm, humid and too hot to sleep comfortably at night. we´re never happy with what we have, are we lol.

Chris, thanks. I'm going to take the dragon there today.

I don't like Spring very much because its cold and wet here when its Spring. And we have all kinds of bugs every where.

Oh and I just wanted to show you all. Ash got a post in disapproving rabbits here: http://www.disapprovingrabbits.com/2013/06/ash.html

You can send them pictures of your disapproving rabbit.

Also under Ash's picture it says, thanks Maria. That's just because my email has the name Maria in it.

Tauntz, yes I was very lucky to have gotten that photo at the right time.

Just a quick update, I got the crochet dragon done for the art contest. I also made a rider for him with a shield and a sword and a belt and some clothes and a saddle. I don't have time to take any pics as I'm leaving in 10-20 minutes and have to get ready but I'll take some pics when I get back.

So we just got back. I dropped off two of the dragons and left. They along with a bunch of other pieces of artwork will be judged in a few weeks. I didn't know that I would have to wait two weeks so I wont be able to take any pics until then. :( Oh well. I'll get some pics as soon as I can.

I ate some watermelon this morning. It was good!

Today its going to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny. Its good that its not 80 degrees or higher like it usually is. I'm so sick of the hot weather.

I wish I could get a pic of that dragon I made. I believe I'll be getting it in a few weeks. Maybe 2-4 weeks. I can't wait to hear how its placed.

I almost want to make another dragon now. I thought about making a Youtube video telling how to make the dragon in case anyone wants to make it.

If I do make another one I'll have to get the yarn next time I go to Walmart, which will be pretty soon I think.

Actually I don't think I'll make another dragon. At least not yet. I want to make the phoenix like Tauntz suggested. :)

Now I'm looking outside and I can see the sun is coming in and out if the clouds. I think today will be a nice cool day.

Happy Saturday!

Elise, hope you had a wonderful Saturday & now, Sunday! It has to be hard waiting for them to judge your crochet work & get your dragon & other crochet pieces back! I know I would be anxious waiting! A video of making your dragon would be wonderful! I'm sure many people would watch & learn from it! Stay cool!

Tauntz, thanks! You are right, it is hard to keep waiting for my stuff to come back. I djust don't like the thought of it being somewhere else. In the meantime I've found some cool phoenix pics that I'm going to use. I've decided to make the phoenix tomorrow with some yellow yarn and later on when I go to Walmart I'll look for that other kind of yarn to make another poenix.

I just wanted to add that we went swimming at the swimming hole today! It was pretty warm until later on and it started to get cold so we drove home.

Oh and here is the picture of the phoenix I want to make. I know exactly how to make those flames sticking out of the back of the birds head. And in the other parts.
phoenix.jpg

Latest posts

Back