Artist Pet Peeves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m a little late too. 😜 but I hate it when you can show someone your
BEST art piece, and they will say “yeah sure looks nice”, but when people that aren’t very gifted at art (no offense) draw something like a poorly drawn FLOWER, they get all the attention.

I’m a little late too. 😜 but I hate it when you can show someone your
BEST art piece, and they will say “yeah sure looks nice”, but when people that aren’t very gifted at art (no offense) draw something like a poorly drawn FLOWER, they get all the attention.
Don't get me wrong, it is nice to help encourage people to explore their artistic side. But without the proper criticism, or the proper encouragement, people who can't do well with art end up outshining those who spent hours to days to months on their own work and style.

I don't really do art, but in art class I really hate it when I accidently smear my charcoal sketches. It's really annoying! ;-;

i hate it when little kids come up behind me and say "no, no, you're doing it WRONG" and draw all over the top of it in scribbles. I have a baby cousin so this has happened more than once.
What i REALLY hate though is when people call me a furry. Its happened like 5 times, i drew a dog on the whiteboard in class once, and immediately everyone started calling me a furry. same with siblings, friends, classmates, enemies, and pretty much everyone. I AM NOT A FURRY !!!!!

Also, plz don't judge my bad art! I draw on a $20 Huion 420 because I'm poor. :\ plus this is my first attempt at drawing anthros.
2021_11_04_0yk_Kleki.png

Last edited:
i hate it when little kids come up behind me and say "no, no, you're doing it WRONG" and draw all over the top of it in scribbles. I have a baby cousin so this has happened more than once.
What i REALLY hate though is when people call me a furry. Its happened like 5 times, i drew a dog on the whiteboard in class once, and immediately everyone started calling me a furry. same with siblings, friends, classmates, enemies, and pretty much everyone. I AM NOT A FURRY !!!!!

Also, plz don't judge my bad art! I draw on a $20 Huion 420 because I'm poor. :\ plus this is my first attempt at drawing anthros.
View attachment 58440
If you're a furry, then I am too. (Which we're not. WE'RE ARTISTS!!) I'm not very good at drawing anthros. But I do draw half humanoid half animal people. Like this drawing I did of Yuki the snow leopard. Or my profile picture, which is just me with wolf-like ears and tail.
Yuki.png

That's nice art. The colors are really complimentary. I also draw on a Huion tablet (h610, they are about $50 from amazon) I don't do very much furry art but I do do some, here is one sketch
1638040908112.png

One of my recent pet peeves is that when people use cheaper tools than the "industry standards" they often get shamed for it.
Why would one need the absolute best tools to create art? It doesn't have to be expensive in order to work. It doesn't have to be fancy in order to be effective.
I can relate to being called a furry tho. I created a partial costume for a theatre performance and immediately got called a furry just because it was a bunny character in the play.

One of my recent pet peeves is that when people use cheaper tools than the "industry standards" they often get shamed for it.
Why would one need the absolute best tools to create art? It doesn't have to be expensive in order to work. It doesn't have to be fancy in order to be effective.
I can relate to being called a furry tho. I created a partial costume for a theatre performance and immediately got called a furry just because it was a bunny character in the play.
People who shame others for not using the best "art tools" in the business doesn't get that not everyone has the money to get it. I used to draw with a mouse and keyboard before I got my first graphics tablet, which was a cheap tablet called the Kanvus. A follower of mine on my FB page sent me his old Wacom tablet after I lost the install disk to the Kanvus tablet and it's been my tool ever since. I still use paper and pencils, too. It's not the tools that make the artist. It's the art the artist creates.

Latest posts

Back