Arizona sunset - just sharing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People sometimes wonder why anyone would live in the desert heat of AZ. I actually prefer warm to cold, but one thing I never tire of is the gorgeous sunsets!

We've lived out here for 16 years now and I must have a gazillion sunset photos. I just can't seem to stop.

All that to say, I thought I'd randomly share a photo I just a moment ago took from our yard. (not enhanced or anything)

View attachment 38554
What part do you live in? Years ago we were looking to move about 30 minutes from Tucson years ago. I chickened out with the move and we stayed. We are waiting until July, my husband has "shares" he is eligible for then we might put the house up for sale and start looking for jobs and homes. I really would like to move to Arizona. I am so so so tired of the cold. My husband loves it. I slipped on the ice 2 years ago and hurt my elbow/arm and I swore that was the last winter and here I am...still in Iowa. If you are willing will you message me more about what you like about living there. The good and the bad? Looks beautiful to me.

My parents live by Lake Havasu, next time im there in AZ visiting ill take a picture to add. I love the thunder storms they get and how they branch off so much. Just beautiful. But way to hot out there for me haha. I need a Oregon or Washington that doesn't rain much but is cold and snows lol. Hard to find.

Thunderstorms out here are a rare treat! 😉 We only get 8" of rain per year!
It does indeed get very hot but I do not like the cold! When I lived where it got cold, it was always better if there was snow to go with it.

Thunderstorms out here are a rare treat! 😉 We only get 8" of rain per year!
It does indeed get very hot but I do not like the cold! When I lived where it got cold, it was always better if there was snow to go with it.
Don't know which part of AZ you live in but by the lake it's not to uncommon(not super common either) and its fun/stupid to sit out under your garage (like a lot of others lol) and just watch the show in the sky. It's great. Happens mainly towards the end of summer around August-September. I can try to get some pictures in the future. My parents live about 3 miles from the lake and air BNB their house, so its fun when i get to go.

To me, that landscape looks as strange as any from a Star Wars movie.

Here's a rather special sunset, minutes apart, old pictures from the apartment I lived in before I bought my house (2014).

Attachments

• DSCN7509.JPG
    DSCN7509.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN7507.JPG
    DSCN7507.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
To me, that landscape looks as strange as any from a Star Wars movie.

Haha! I get that! It was quite an adjustment for us as well when we moved here years ago! The dust storms were something to get used to as well. The video is from our prior home, looking out 2nd floor window over the patio roof -- a time lapse of a "dust storm."

Haha! I get that! It was quite an adjustment for us as well when we moved here years ago! The dust storms were something to get used to as well. The video is from our prior home, looking out 2nd floor window over the patio roof -- a time lapse of a "dust storm."

You have become a sand person at that point haha. When ive visited my parents house in lake Havasu I haven't seen one that crazy.

I laugh at their true names "haboob." Gets me every time lol. Not my video, but everyone needs to see a mega haboob lol.

Like you all walks out in nature (and taking pictures) makes my day as well. Thank you for sharing all your beautiful pictures 😉! Here´s a picture of a Sunset in Denmark. Hope it will brighten your day as well!

It's been decades since we've been to Denmark, but we vividly remember our visit there. 🤗 We stayed at the Dagmar Hotel in Ribe (built in the 16th century for those reading this who do not know). We walked to the top of the Cathedral (?) tower there across the street. Listened to a town crier during the night. And ate a wonderful, enormously sized lunch at the restaurant below the hotel. 😍

It's been decades since we've been to Denmark, but we vividly remember our visit there. 🤗 We stayed at the Dagmar Hotel in Ribe (built in the 16th century for those reading this who do not know). We walked to the top of the Cathedral (?) tower there across the street. Listened to a town crier during the night. And ate a wonderful, enormously sized lunch at the restaurant below the hotel. 😍

Hello Blue eyes,

Thank you so much for sharing. I´m so glad you had a great time in Denmark. It really makes my heart smile. I´m from a little town 20 miles from Ribe, so I´ve been there many times as well. Likewise (decades ago) I spent a year in the US (in Georgia) as an exchange student. It was simply the best year in my life and I still have some of my closest friends here. So quite frankly people know me as being an All- American Dane. So, as you can imagine being connected to a wonderful forum as Rabbitonline where we share life together and also can make a difference for one of the (in my opinion) most adorable animals on planet earth) means the world to me. Thank you so very much for all what you do! Have a wonderful day!

Binkies to you and your wonderful Bonnies from my dear Bon Bianca and a grateful smile from me.

Latest posts

Back