Arizona sunset - just sharing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People sometimes wonder why anyone would live in the desert heat of AZ. I actually prefer warm to cold, but one thing I never tire of is the gorgeous sunsets!

We've lived out here for 16 years now and I must have a gazillion sunset photos. I just can't seem to stop.

All that to say, I thought I'd randomly share a photo I just a moment ago took from our yard. (not enhanced or anything)

upload_2018-11-4_18-27-0.png

People sometimes wonder why anyone would live in the desert heat of AZ. I actually prefer warm to cold, but one thing I never tire of is the gorgeous sunsets!

We've lived out here for 16 years now and I must have a gazillion sunset photos. I just can't seem to stop.

All that to say, I thought I'd randomly share a photo I just a moment ago took from our yard. (not enhanced or anything)

View attachment 38554
dear blue eyes,-sure looks like heaven to me,-wow,-my brother spends the winter months at quartzite,arizona..-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium rip--thank you for the picture--

dear blue eyes,-sure looks like heaven to me,-wow,-my brother spends the winter months at quartzite,arizona..-sincerely james waller for joseph r cottontail/bdenium rip--thank you for the picture--

Ah, yes. We visit Quartzite for the gem, mineral, fossil shows. Lots of RV's there in the winter.

View attachment 38554
That view is amazing! Here in Iowa we don't see very many nice sunsets and if we do, the seemingly endless amount of trees block our view!

Thanks!
We lived many years back east and totally get how those lovely trees limit the view! I've come to very much like the wide open spaces here.

This sunset is from the same evening as the one above. (Those are mountains - not bushes- in the background.)

[EDIT: This photo got lost on RO over the years. I think this is the one I had here before.]

1665078366129.jpeg
l0jWPELYprvv1WjF1Et2LZ2cFCqIdoS8WSKBSCxXdHF1jrsIwrYfJQ61ZtEPEAxpbqp5V10y0iZNYxRN2gIU0yQsa0rPSnYq4ZbYFPsf9DkUacV-GcUOTzjwCwDG056yhY44pkk7cjixRKoyVIIa6clmtm8nJcoHhkdJXhSrsW3LyqVlaxtkN7TvjSapPav8XPTBjo_E2Aj5C0Q9OHfySZjeY_GfBVoS2LPFxlMZ3Ld76y2LTS-omslDyLjvH3HxUny_Ah3_seKm2yMLkRG0lVdIVyTT7CGqKNkRm-Dzzldh0JzLyHBy7qyPb996EPr7kPeEDV2FsNUBW4Q0NEo1tJpcJa_Q8CqClfly_FPENOdMFakrfKURZX9jQv9suqdMcxOPscx9JAxNEk0pV6WqSgoWzhawpoNAcVCIxiTHRncFyoFN8RWt0ii7YzXDtG0Pl0sBivVRjjdjpDFkPbrtT3BklDqB9BvypBy8fbtXQrEoYZh002JuKigeeig0pMOCZoQtaGyPGwvybZFLJXWbyLL7dlSPbya_CbYOlu6K4Z9S0AM3fLhJtYCLuU8UeOkx0d5DwPls4RDfycbVJl4EokHyLLAokGOa2fvYiFzyJEsgmClClkykLTLK3PafCwzHalombrAtp7ZNP4gEAGsZf1_C=w1499-h843-no

Last edited:
Mountains?!?! That's amazing! I can't imagine seeing mountains while standing in my yard! I have a river by my house. That's it. And it's surrounded by trees and full of garbage, unfortunately. Not a pretty sight at all :(

Oh my goodness! That is so beautiful! My mouth literally dropped open! I see several pretty sunsets at my house but they are all covered up by trees! And MOUNTAINS?! That is like heaven!

When we lied in the Central Valley in CA we'd have 4 to 5 months of fog and overcast and the sun was more of a bright spot in the overcast and a whole lot of rain. We love it here, especially the weather and sunsets and sunrises too. We only have a couple of months that are really hot and you do get used to it. Wouldn't move back to CA--considering a move to Utah to be nearer the kids and grand children, but not in any rush.

Very pretty!

I love the look of snow but I don't like the cold. I had to wear a jacket today because it "got down to" 59F! ;) (though our nightimes are dipping down to the 30s :eek: )

(My brother just retired and wants to move to Maine.)

I love it here! :) we dont usually wear coats until 50 unless its windy. The snow is pretty but can be very heavy if you haver to shovel it. :) my kids love to play in it. It gets down to 30- here but most of the time its in the teens or early 20's

Latest posts

Back